Playa Uvas

rscima

hi Stircrzy....thanks For All The Info On Playa Uvas. I Have Just A Few ?'s For U

if You Dont Mind Me Asking...what Was The Cost Of Your Day At The Beach Club? Did It Include The Open Bar And Lunch? I Have Seen That Excursion Listed Some Place.

or Did You Just Pay The $7 Entrance Fee.

was It Crowded?

thanks

hi Stircrzy....thanks For All The Info On Playa Uvas. I Have Just A Few ?'s For U

if You Dont Mind Me Asking...

what Was The Cost Of Your Day At The Beach Club?

Beach Break
& Snorkel Tour

Entrance fee to Playa Uvas

Full snorkel gear for unlimited time (inflatable life vest, mask, fins & snorkel)

One chicken fajitas plate per adult. One club sandwich or hamburger per child

2 hours open bar (domestic coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc)

45 minute Guided Snorkel Trips Departing Hourly (8am to 3pm)

Marine
Park
fees

us$39.00 per Adult

us$25.00 for children under 12

Clear Kayak Tour

Entrance fee to Playa Uvas

45 minute Guided Clear Kayak Tours Departing Hourly (8am to 3pm)

2 Domestic Drinks (coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc)

Marine
Park
fees

us$40.00 per Adult

us$27.00 for children under 12

Did It Include The Open Bar And Lunch?

The "Shore Snorkle and Beach Break" includes lunch, snorkle gear, and open bar for 2 hours after your snorkling tour.

I Have Seen That Excursion Listed Some Place.

Carnival (and possibly other lines) lists the "Clear Kayak Tour" as an excursion, but not the "Shore Snorkle and Beach Break".

or Did You Just Pay The $7 Entrance Fee.

Entrance Fee two drinks Pack

Entrance Fee to Playa Uvas

2 Domestic Drinks per adult (coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris)

us$7.00 per Adult

children under 12 free

Other packages are available and prices are subject to change. Email
for information.

was It Crowded?

It was not crowded, as Playa Uvas limits the number of people per excursion through the cruiselines. There were enough people to be able to make some new friends (if desired). It was quiet enough to sit back, read a book, and enjoy the view. Service was great!

thanks

You're quite welcome!

You can read my longer review, with photos:

A Visit to Playa Uvas on Cozumel Island

Let me know if you have any questions!

I'm booked on the Ecstasy again, sailing September 28th. I'm trying out the Conquest on February 27, 2007 with a group of family members...probably 25 of us! RUN!

Stircrzy, what a great review! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I'm going to show your review to my DDs. They want a beach day in Cozumel, and this sounds perfect! Did you take a pic of any of the glass fusion items? That sounds like something I'd definitely be interested in.

Also, would you please ask your DD how deep the water was for the snorkle? Though she can swim, my 11 year old gets a bit nervous in water that is really deep. I bought her a life vest for our snorkeling excursions, but even with that she may be hesitant if the water is really deep. I think knowing ahead of time will help her as well--just want to make sure she has a great time!

Again, thanks so much for posting such a detailed review.

Cheers!

Jayne

Hello Stircrazy,

Im going to Cozumel in December. Do you know in what dock Extasis arrive?

I also need to know how far by cab from dock to Playa Uvas.

Thank you very much.

We docked at the International Pier, for the 4 night sailing of the Ecstasy. I would say it is probably about 6-8 miles from the pier to Playa Uvas...a $10 (for 4 people) taxi ride!

Stircrzy, what a great review! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I'm going to show your review to my DDs. They want a beach day in Cozumel, and this sounds perfect! Did you take a pic of any of the glass fusion items? That sounds like something I'd definitely be interested in.

I can have you a photo of the glass fusion necklace and earrings posted here by morning...or send me an email at
!

Also, would you please ask your DD how deep the water was for the snorkle? Though she can swim, my 11 year old gets a bit nervous in water that is really deep. I bought her a life vest for our snorkeling excursions, but even with that she may be hesitant if the water is really deep. I think knowing ahead of time will help her as well--just want to make sure she has a great time!

Your daughter will be very safe on the shore snorkle trip. They start from shore and gradually slope into deeper water...about 20-25 feet deep at the "garden" reef. They will supply you with everything you need...fins, snorkle, mandatory life vests, etc. and they have the snorkle guide and two backup people who watch over the group. The group is also limited so that the guide and backup people can make sure everyone is taken care of properly.

If you tell the guide that your daughter is a bit nervous, I'm sure he will take extra care with her and keep her close by his side!

Again, thanks so much for posting such a detailed review.

You are quite welcome! I'm glad you're looking forward to trying out Playa Uvas...it was a pleasant surprise and a great day for us on Cozumel!

~Stir

Cheers!

Jayne

See above!

~Stir

Stir:

Just sent you an e-mail about the jewerly photos.

I'm so happy to hear that guides will take special care of my darling girl. She's excited about snorkeling, so I really want her to have the opportunity and enjoy it. She should be fine as we'll be snorkeling in Grand Cayman the day before so she'll have gotten her feet wet...pun intended. :-)

Thanks!

Jayne

Stir:

Thanks for taking the time to post the photo. I'll definitely have to find that vendor. :-)

I haven't heard back from my daughter yet (she'll be home from college soon after visiting family in Arizona), but I may just make the reservation at Playa Uvas without hearing from her! And, I'll definitely have to have a massage while I'm there--do I make a reservation for that as well?

Thanks so much!

Jayne

Jayne:

You won't need a reservation to get your massage with Luz. Just tell the person at the entrance (where they take your entrance fee) that you want a massage. Luz will give you a free massage demo so that you can choose from the three types of massage she gives.

I am a massage connoisseur and have over 25 years experience laying on massage tables around the world. Luz has great hands, and will adjust the pressure to suit your needs. Her oil smells wonderful, too! The experience of laying in a netted enclosure right by the ocean, with the breeze billowing the netting and the smells of the ocean and her oil is heavenly!

Have a great time at Playa Uvas and let me know your thoughts when you return!

Does anyone know if they have lockers at this beach club???

Plenty of lockers! The cost is $2 to rent a locker, with a $5 deposit. When you return your key, Manuelita (the cashier) returns your $5.

Can you just snorkel yourself or do you have to pay for the "snorkel tour"?

and can some of us pay the entrance fee and just hang out and the others go on the snorkel tour????

thanks

we can book this without going thru the cruiseline?

Jayne:

You won't need a reservation to get your massage with Luz. Just tell the person at the entrance (where they take your entrance fee) that you want a massage. Luz will give you a free massage demo so that you can choose from the three types of massage she gives.

I am a massage connoisseur and have over 25 years experience laying on massage tables around the world. Luz has great hands, and will adjust the pressure to suit your needs. Her oil smells wonderful, too! The experience of laying in a netted enclosure right by the ocean, with the breeze billowing the netting and the smells of the ocean and her oil is heavenly!

Have a great time at Playa Uvas and let me know your thoughts when you return!

Stir:

You're very kind to answer all my questions. I talked with my DD last night and she hasn't had a chance to read your review but promised me she will within a day or two. From my description, she thought it sounded good, so I'm pretty sure this is where we'll be going. It sounds like it's less crowded and a little more relaxing than some of the other beaches (the ones with all of the water toys and such). And, that's what we're looking for, well, at least that's what I'M looking for, and I'm the Mom! ;-)

I'll be happy to give you a report when we return.

Regards,

Jayne

Can you just snorkel yourself or do you have to pay for the "snorkel tour"?

and can some of us pay the entrance fee and just hang out and the others go on the snorkel tour????

thanks

we can book this without going thru the cruiseline?

You can pay the entrance fee and snorkle yourself with your own equipment...or rent the equipment from Playa Uvas...or take the tour or lay on the beach beds and watch your group take the snorkle tour!

You can book online through the website (PlayaUvas.com) or as an excursion through the cruise line.

Stir:

You're very kind to answer all my questions. I talked with my DD last night and she hasn't had a chance to read your review but promised me she will within a day or two. From my description, she thought it sounded good, so I'm pretty sure this is where we'll be going. It sounds like it's less crowded and a little more relaxing than some of the other beaches (the ones with all of the water toys and such). And, that's what we're looking for, well, at least that's what I'M looking for, and I'm the Mom! ;-)

I'll be happy to give you a report when we return.

Regards,

Jayne

Jayne:

I don't mind at all answering your questions!

I would have loved to keep this place as my own "little secret", but that wouldn't be very neighborly of me!:D

The two girls I had with me are 20 and 21 years old. They had a blast!!

Thank you for your review. Since you have been to all of the beach clubs I have been considering, how would you rank them? And if you don't mind, what are the pros and cons? We are headed to Cozumel in October with a large group of friends and neighbors. Everything looks so good, I can't decide.