question

777mjrseb

I'm looking at cruising in April of 07 on the Valor. Last time I booked about October before the cruise, and I missed on a good deal waiting for better prices. What would you guys and gals suggest, book now or wait a little longer, or just keep checking... Thanks :) :p :D

Book now and check prices--make sure you have an agent that will honor any price reductions-- not all outside agencies do that.

Im sure the cruise was a few bucks cheaper a few months ago then it is now. Sailing in April is prime time high peak spring break season unless you are looking at the end of the month.

how does the adjustment thing work... I have heard lots about but no one has really explained it unless I have over-looked it. Someone told me you have to book it over the phone to be able to get a price adjustment is that true also:) thanks in advance.

Elation - April 30,06

Next up:

Carnival Valor - April 29, 07 - Cant Wait

how does the adjustment thing work... I have heard lots about but no one has really explained it unless I have over-looked it. Someone told me you have to book it over the phone to be able to get a price adjustment is that true also:) thanks in advance.

One of the advantages of using the same TA or PVP. If the drop is before final payment, then it is a reduction off your final payment. If after the final payment, it can sometimes be an Onboard Credit (OBC). Sometimes you can use the difference to upgrade to a better cabin if available. Other times we have had the difference credited back to our credit card.

Dave

no but booking online will not show discounts that youmay be entitled to - like senior disocunt or resident discounts. Having a good agent onthe phone who can check that will be a good idea.

First and formost--make sure the agent you are booking with will give you any reductions.. like i said= not all agents are created equal.

(lost over 700.00 by not asking that question ONCE)

Price adjustments work depends on whenthe price comes down compared to your sailing... if its many months before you will get the money taken off your cruise. if final payment came you get cabin credit or an upgrade.

I have taken 9 cruises and only one has ever came down in price. I book my cruises over a year out too and watch everyday.

My Pirncess cruise was booked last Nov and has went up over 250pp in price.

Archived