qm2 14th july anyone going????

seabourndt

• 2 weeks later...
must be someone coming?

dave

Dave, Looks like the whole of Britannia will be a single seat(ing) resturant for this crossing. You'll have no trouble getting a reservation in Todd English. I'd ask to be up-graded to the Balmoral Suite the first night, the Sandringham the second. Then try the four royal suites near the bow the next. You decide which nights will be formal. No-one pushing in front of you in the planetarium to get the centre seats. They will start the show in the Royal Court Theatre only when you are ready. No trouble getting a table in the window bays in Kings Court. You'll be off the ship first (and last!). No trouble getting a cab. :)

Enjoy your unique crossing! Bet my next one is sold out and crowded, worst luck.

great stuff, what cabin are you in? iam in a hull balcony on 6 deck. after an obstruvcted balcony on the last qm2 trip thisc will be an inprovement i know. you are from a way away inalesund i see. i was there on the qe2 the other year on my free cruise from cunARD as inwas cancelle the yearc before for overboooking i really enjoyed it there. sure thats the fantastic view from above.

dave

I don't remember the cabin no., but it is on deck 6 as well. Yes, Ålesund is a great place on earth - yesterday was truly magnificent, blue sky, sun shining, cristal clear air, and some snow still on the mountain tops... had a great time all yesterday riding my Triumph trough this scenery.

the balcony was nice but personally i wish we had kept the window at least we would have had a good view. the lifeboat though it wasc the small pilot one totaly spoiled any view. we werre in cherbourg wheree it was a holiday to celebrate the ship coming in. hopefullly the view will be much better. batnes what sort of cabin do you have? not a hull balcony is it?

i envy you of the great views of alesund i reALLY ENJOYED MY TIME THERE. i went to the 2 islandsone with a church and one with a lighthouse.

dave

Our cabin comes with in-hull balcony, cat. B1.

The island with the small church was Giske, in fact it is a chapel from the 11. century. The island with the lighthouse is Godøy, and the lighthouse stands just outside the small community of Alnes.

See more info here: http://www.visitgiske.no/

This is a site with some nice pictures from a QE2 voyage to Norway:

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/QE2_2005_Iceland-Norway3.html

This site also holds a lot of pictures/postcards of old passenger liners. One can sit the whole day surfing on this site.

what great pics these are thanks for the info. i was on that cruise if you did not guess by now,. thev 7 hours delay in trondheim, the rain, my diaroreere and i missed geiranger as the confined me to my cabin. i guess we are in thec same type of canin if you find oput your cabin number let me know we could meetr up on board if yiu like. iam fdoing the trip to berlin i think

talk soon

dave

Archived