Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mom23guys

Drink Coupons

I'm thinking of buying some drink coupons for sons who will be on our cruise. If I purchase one or two 4 drink coupons for each, are they really coupons or are they just credits to their S&S card? Do they need to turn them in? If not how does Carnival determine which drinks to use them on? For example if they got a few beers first would they be used on the beer instead of the mixed drinks? If one uses more and has run out can the other use it. Not that I'm encouraging them to get sloshed but I know money is tighter for them and if it goes on their CC they'd never take the money to pay for them. Hope this question isn't too confusing. First cruise.

Guest YesitDonna

Last I knew and saw they were actual coupons they would turn in. You could also buy Carnival dollars and they could use it toward their sail and sign account and then they could spend it on anything the ship.

Last I knew and saw they were actual coupons they would turn in. You could also buy Carnival dollars and they could use it toward their sail and sign account and then they could spend it on anything the ship.
That is correct, they are just tickets or coupons that you tear off and give to the bar tender or drink server.

Carnival dollars (Fun Ship Dollars) might be a better choice, since a beer costs less than the face value of the drink coupon and they don't refund the difference in price.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=GiftCertificates&pid=FSD

John

Just returned from a cruise on the Glory. I used them all week long. You get 4 coupons on one strip. You tear them off and give them to the bar waiter along with you S/S card. The waiter records the folio number on the coupon(Why I don't know) and will bring you a drink up to the value of $4.95. The tip is included. The $4.95 value is printed right on the coupon. Any one can use them and they do not expire. I like to use them because they are prepaid and it keeps the Sail and Sign balance down. For your purposes they should work fine. You can order them on the Carnival web site or by phone.