Truth or Rumor????

Chexmix

I was talking to someone that sailed on the Holiday during April. He was told by several staff members plus the assit. cruise director that the Holiday has been SOLD and that Mobile will be getting a different ship in September.

Anyone out there know anything else about this?

The Holiday was my first cruise and will always be a cruise I'll never forget. Going to be a shame to lose her but a newer bigger ship would be great since its only 20 minutes to the port for me.

I was talking to someone that sailed on the Holiday during April. He was told by several staff members plus the assit. cruise director that the Holiday has been SOLD and that Mobile will be getting a different ship in September.

Anyone out there know anything else about this?

The Holiday was my first cruise and will always be a cruise I'll never forget. Going to be a shame to lose her but a newer bigger ship would be great since its only 20 minutes to the port for me.

Most interesting. I'm booked in September and have seen roll-calls as far out as December. Will be on her Saturday, guess I'll have to ask around.

Not sure the exact date, but everyone knows this is coming. She is the next ship to go to "cruise line heaven". We have sailed on the Tropical and the Jubilee that have both gone to "cruise ship heaven". (As did the fellow ships before them Mardi Gras, Festivale and Carnivale.) The sadly, the Celebration will be after her.

The good news is that they would not have spent all the refub money on her and put a Putt Putt on her just to get a year of sailings. Unless the vibration gets totally out of control, I see her going a few more years. IMHO

I agree w/LHP. Of course, none of us knows the workings of the Carnival minds, and I don't think 'my Holiday' will be around too many more years...but I can't see them putting all that money into her very recently if they expect to ditch her. She's still a fine old lady.:)

I DID hear a rumor about the possibility of Carnival bringing an 'additional' ship - larger with a different itinerary - to Mobile. Mobile is a good port, easily accessible, and although I don't know the logistics of the port, it's possible. N.O. always had two Carnival ships sailing at any given time, one larger. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...?

Archived