Dolphins in Cozumel or Costa Maya

HRKC

I have read a review on one of the dolphin excursions, but none of the information I have found has helped me to make a decision. My DD and I would like to swim with the dolphins. Can anyone tell us which port might offer a better experience?

Or, perhaps you can tell us about an excursion that you loved at one of these ports. Then we can choose the dolphin swim at the other port.

Any help is appreciated.

We take into consideration the travel time to and from the excursion, the length of the excursion, and the added features (such as free time on the beach after the swim). We are looking for a fun, relaxing trip.

Thank you. And don't forget to post with the roll calls!

KC

Hi,

Try this site: http://www.*****

It's cheaper than what the cruise lines offer and more choices. My family did the dolphin swim in Cozumel and loved it. I am not sure what is it like since the hurricane last year. Try the Cozumel port of call boards they might offer more help.

We did the dolphins in Costa Maya..... the beach club is very nice and you have full use of it afterwards.... there is an open bar available also at the beach .... you can purchase food there.... and our friends used the paddle boats afterwards....

We were originally going to do the swim in Cozumel but due to the hurricane dolphin discovery was wiped out.... I do think if you can do the royal swim and sea lion swim together in Cozumel I would chose that, just because they do the pushes and the pulls....do not book it through the cruise ship though go to the website and book it.....

Costa Maya was an alternate for the swim for us but we still had a nice time ....... we went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel and had a great day....

Just checked the Dolphin Discovery website.... the Cozumel location isn't opening until July 1st ... so the only dolphins in Cozumel will require a ferry ride to the mainland.... this is why we didn't do it there ... it takes up most of your day and you won't have time to see anything in Cozumel....

I also booked originally through the ship for cozumel however they canceled do to the hurricane and the costa maya swim came up and i booked that through the ship ... here is an email i received from uvero beach about booking on your own ... hope it help you

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Mayan Beach Garden. Forgive us for this form letter, but we receive so many inquiries about the dolphin swim and Parasailing that we cannot possibly answer all of them. Hopefully this will answer your questions. Mayan Beach Garden is a small hotel located 20 km north of the Costa Maya Port and very close to Uvero Beach club where the dolphins are housed. We have nothing to do with the beach club, nor can we sell tickets to cruise ship passengers, only to our own guests. If you are a cruise ship passenger, please contact your ship. If the Dolphin swim is not listed, sign up for the Uvero Beach Club tour. This provides transportation, open bar and use of the facilities including kayaks and paddle boats, showers and lounge chairs. The cost of the Dolphin swim is $115 dollars. I do not think you can watch the dolphins without paying, but I am not sure, nor am I sure of the details of the interactive swim. Your ship may offer a package deal that includes Uvero Beach Club tour combined with the dolphin swim as a special package. You can find out more about the dolphin swim at www.viadelphi.com.

We do not rent out any equipment other than to our own guests. You can parasail at Uvero beach club or in Mahahual at Tequila beach. Uvero can be booked on your ship and Tequila beach can be booked through info@mayahualtours.com.

Have a great visit to the Costa Maya and think of us if you ever want to spend some time here. If you have received this email in error, please reply to this message and we will reply directly to you.

I have read a review on one of the dolphin excursions, but none of the information I have found has helped me to make a decision. My DD and I would like to swim with the dolphins. Can anyone tell us which port might offer a better experience?

Or, perhaps you can tell us about an excursion that you loved at one of these ports. Then we can choose the dolphin swim at the other port.

Any help is appreciated.

We take into consideration the travel time to and from the excursion, the length of the excursion, and the added features (such as free time on the beach after the swim). We are looking for a fun, relaxing trip.

Thank you. And don't forget to post with the roll calls!

KC

FYI - you can also swim with the dolphins if you take the ferry to Playa del Carmen on the main land. There are two locations: one is at Puerto Aventuras and one at Xelha (Shell-Ha), I think (if not, it's another place that starts with an x). My husband and I went to Aventuras in 1992 and they only had three dolphins and one platform. It was a rainy day and I had the 3 dolphins to myself. Went back in 2002 and they had 5 or 6 platforms with 2 - 3 dolphins each. Times are a changin'. Anyway, our two daughters, 11 and 13 in 2002, swam with them and LOVED it, every bit as much as I did 10 years earlier! You'll have to book on your own, and due to too many rum drinks I can't recall how we got from the ferry dock to Aventuras (taxi?). The timing with the cruise ship was tight - really only ONE time available that would work as Aventuras is about 20 - 30 mins south of Playa. But you can do this!! Have a blast!

KC

FYI - you can also swim with the dolphins if you take the ferry to Playa del Carmen on the main land. There are two locations: one is at Puerto Aventuras and one at Xelha (Shell-Ha), I think (if not, it's another place that starts with an x). My husband and I went to Aventuras in 1992 and they only had three dolphins and one platform. It was a rainy day and I had the 3 dolphins to myself. Went back in 2002 and they had 5 or 6 platforms with 2 - 3 dolphins each. Times are a changin'. Anyway, our two daughters, 11 and 13 in 2002, swam with them and LOVED it, every bit as much as I did 10 years earlier! You'll have to book on your own, and due to too many rum drinks I can't recall how we got from the ferry dock to Aventuras (taxi?). The timing with the cruise ship was tight - really only ONE time available that would work as Aventuras is about 20 - 30 mins south of Playa. But you can do this!! Have a blast!

KC

The one with the X is Xcaret and that is also a ferry ride.......

Thank you for the help. I will most likely choose Costa Maya since the only Cozumel dolphin swim requires a ferry ride to the main land. I knew that the most popular Cozumel dolphin swim will not reopen until July, but I wasn't aware that the other "Cozumel" location required a ferry ride. I would prefer to spend time relaxing on the beach than spend hours in transportation.

KC

Only 18 days!!!! I can't wait!

Archived