Bring Wine on the FOS?

We enjoy wine in our cabin and also bring a few special wines onboard. We have never had a problem taking wine with us packed in our carry on. When taking a bottle to dinner we pay the corkage fee. Does anyone know if we can still bring wine with us? After the young fellow going overboard on the MOS, I was wondering if they would refuse to let us bring it on.

FOS June 4, 2006

Hi Cruizing....

The policy *has* been that you can each bring two bottles onboard, as long as it isn't a wine they already serve on the ship. If there are changes in policy, people cruising this week would be the ones to know, and most of them are still at sea. :)

Anyway, it will do no harm to bring it. If they don't allow you to bring it on, they will most likely return it to you at the end of the cruise. I've also heard that they might take it, and you will need to request it from your server in the dining room. Not quite sure what will happen.

Tracy

Thanks Tracy. I was not aware that RCI also had that exception like Princess or Carnival.

Bon Voyage to you on your inagural FOS cruise. If you can report back on: Horse Race and when & how Ice Show tickets are distributed on FOS, that would be appreciated. Also, do they still offer Wine Package? Found that to be a worthwhile purchase on Mariner.

Nanatravel

I called C&A yesterday re the wine issue as we are sailing tomorrow on RCI, not FOS. Their travel agent site specifies two bottles per person or group and also that it must be a wine they do not carry. It further states you must have approval prior.

She confirmed the 2 bottle limit and reiterated it must be of a type not carried by RCI. We bring private label and limited production wines so this is not an issue for us. She said I would be ok without an authorization.

That is good to know. I like blends and DH likes Australian reds. Those are not often found on board. Who would you recommend an individual call to get authorization? Customer Service? C&A club?

In quiring minds want to know.

That is good to know. I like blends and DH likes Australian reds. Those are not often found on board. Who would you recommend an individual call to get authorization? Customer Service? C&A club?

In quiring minds want to know.

I called C&A because I am Diamond Plus and they are very responsive. I imagine Res or Customer Service otherwise.

I really think it is still a crapshoot depending on port of embarkation and will be curious to see how things go tomorrow.

In the UK all the info we receive is that no alcohol is allowed on any Royal Caribbean ship.It is nice to know that you can bring wine on board as four of us we are going away for our anniversary and a friend's birthday with an '0'.

We would like to bring wine that is not usually stocked in the US of A.:mad: to be drunk on the balcony before dinner on those two nights of celebration!!!

I would hate to ship the wine from the UK to have it confiscated at Miami !!

Archived