Here I am...

CoteClan

Wow, so I found this forum...wayyyy down at the bottom of the board, but I think I'm where I belong 'cause I sure as he!! could stand to lose some weight! *waving to everyone*

Going to post a link to my before picture (after recent baby - this March) - please be nice ;) :

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/CoteClan/fat_Hess.jpg

I've lost nearly 25 lbs since those pictures, but can still stand to lose all this cottage cheese in my thighs and butt that was left behind, LOL. I don't think anything but plastic surgery can correct all this hanging skin though (believe me you don't want to see pictures of that)!

My goal is to lose at least 5 more lbs by the time I go on my cruise in a month. I went to the gym for the first time tonight (thank God for free military equipment - chasing my 3 sons around isn't getting it off fast enough)!

Hi Heather,

I notice you're at Tinker. My counsin Dan is just leaving Tinker in the next couple of weeks. He's a doctor in the AF but he's leaving to go do his residency now. I also have 2 "baby" brothers in the army who insist on treating Iraq like their own personal revolving door. The older of the two is halfway through his second tour and the younger is stationed in Virginia Beach right now. My nephew is supposed to be deployed with his Marine reserve unit but he had to have emergency surgery right before they left and he's still recouping.

There are loads of threads here for just about any type of weight loss theory or for people who just like to get together and chat every day. Feel free to join us on one or many for support. I know it can be a challenge to lose weight with a new baby in the house. Mine turned 5 months old this week. I can't blame it on pregnancy but more a lack of time since he's the youngest of 4.:D All my kids came by Air Bankok, Continental or 24 hour drive to Miami.

Have fun on your cruise. We're going to Ochos Rios in November but doing the Beaches resort thing instead so that everyone can go. We liked the idea that we could all go but that they had day care for the times when we wanted to do adventure stuff with our older kids. They can't wait for snorkling, rockwall climbing and that sort of thing. My oldest daughter is miffed though because she'll not be quite old enough for scuba diving. I keep telling her that gives us an excuse to go somewhere to celebrate next year after she turns 12!:D

Tami

Hi Tami ~

Thanks for the welcome...I don't have much time to lose my weight before our cruise, but I figure this forum can certainly help with the motivation factor...been looking for a group like this.

I think it's great that you are able to take all your kids with you on your cruise in Nov...my folks and Grandma just came home from their April cruise and gave tme the cruise bug again (so we just booked our 1st yesterday). I'd LOVE to take our sons on the next one...then by the next cruise I'm hoping I can talk my twin and younger sisters into coming for a family cruise with EVERYONE - maybe for Christmas one year.

LOL -

Mine turned 5 months old this week. I can't blame it on pregnancy but more a lack of time since he's the youngest of 4.:D All my kids came by Air Bankok, Continental or 24 hour drive to Miami.
I love this!!! I've been a surrogate (gestational carrier - no genetic relation to babies I carry) three times. What can I say, I love pregnancy, but not what it does to my body. :( The reward of seeing the babies and their parents loving on them is all worth it though. :)

Tinker AFB! My dad was in the Air Force, and I grew up there! Well, being military, it was one of several places where I grew up!

Congrats on losing 25 pounds and good luck with losing 5 more before you cruise! That's a very reasonable goal--I'm sure you can do it! I've also lost 25 pounds since having my son, and I feel soooo much better now!

You should join our weekly weigh-ins. We weigh in on Thursdays, so just look for the thread with today's date in the title.

Archived