Cruise Tickets

momtopom

Hi, Roz,

Not to scare you, but one time my tickets arrived at my house AFTER I had left for my cruise because I left day or two in advance. Fortunately, I had booked my own air so my plane ticket was OK. When I got to the pier, I just told them what happened and they allowed me to board. But imagine how depressing it was to come home suffering from post-cruise depression already, only to find my shiny new packet with expired ticket, unused luggage tags, and shore excursion info.

I believe the issuing of tickets is largely beyond the TA's control. The cruise line sends the ticket package to the TA, where it's supposed to be checked for accuracy. (I've had tickets delayed at this point because they were wrong and had to be returned to the cruise line for reissue.)

Once the TA verifies everything is OK, the ticket is sent to you. Now, where you can be proactive is if your TA lets paperwork pile up and sits on tickets for days before checking them. A phone call just might get yours out from the bottom of the pile.

Personally, I think e-ticketing takes some of the fun out of cruising. There's nothing better than that fat envelope in the mail to take the sting out of that huge sucking sound coming from your credit card statement. At least you get to fondle your luggage tags and drool over full-color pictures of shore excursions you can't afford for a few weeks before you travel. Anticipation is half the fun!

Luv,

You are so cute!

Now, just when I was going to kick-back and then changed my mind to stay on top of my TA......I am now Miss Paranoya, again....you think Jello looks shaky? And, you are so right, I love fondling over the packet and luggage tags and waiting in great anticipation for the "cruise day"!

And, that "sucking sound", metaphorically, you are so, so right! Thats why everyday is lived, on board the ship, to its fullest! Next to sky diving off of the captains quarters, I'll try and do anything on board! Okay, okay almost anything!

Now, here I am again in the hurry up and wait stage!

Roz

Roz,

I have a pre-cruise To-Do List (as well as a variety of packing lists) that I have refined to an exact science over the years. One of the items is "Do Ship's Paperwork." I've never considered it a chore to fill in my luggage tags (well, now to put sticky address labels on them) or that little card for Bahamas immigration (when sailing in the Caribbean).

I'm sailing to Bermuda on Norwegian Majesty on Sunday, and there was no special paperwork for Bermuda, which kind of surprised me. Trusting people, they must be. With e-ticketing, I guess you have no choice but to do any required paperwork at the pier, which to me would be a distraction from admiring the side of the ship and experiencing the thrill of finally checking in for a week of heaven where I don't cook, clean, do laundry, make the bed, or dig for hidden treasure in the kitty boxes.

Sk84fungirl; you said you received your package today!

• Did you have to request them?:confused:

I too, want to receive a "package" from NCL. I'm a Virgo and we don't leave anything to chance!

I want a "package" and I want luggage tags.....

I've requested these from my TA who was a bit reluctant but I told her I wanted them! She kept reassuring me that "ticketless" travel is the way to go!

I'm still waiting to hear from her. I'm not too worried we don't sail until November.

And, our September cruise is with Celebrity, who always sends a "package"!:p

Roz

I did not have to request them. My TA sent them to me. They even included our pre-booked excursion information. Funny thing...got a call from NCL yesterday as they forgot to put the times of departure on the itinerary.

Archived