About to book first Oceania cruise-Rome-Istanbul!!!

F11

Hey F11,

I just booked the same cruise. Our travel agent informed me that all the inside and oceanview were booked. The oceanview were waitlisted only. The only cabins available where veranda and up. You may want to check with your travel agent!!

As far as the 4 in a cabin, if you look on their website the size of the inside and oceanview seem too small to fit 4. I would go with a veranda and up, IMHO. ;)

Happy Sailings!

Jorge

Cabins are definately small. I have to tell you, we did not like Oceania. Will never sail with them again even though there are many good things (like the food). We had a Penthouse suite and I'd be hard pressed to find where you would put 4 people!:(

F11,

I just don't see how 4 people will get around each other in one of Oceania's cabins. MAYBE in the Penthouse - 8th deck - larger cabins. But the regular cabins w/ veranda as well as the ones with just windows are too small for 4. I've never seen the inside but can't imagine that they're any larger.

Do you want to put 4 in the cabin because you're travelling with children?

Jane

My brother and his family squeezed 4 people into an even smaller oceanview cabin on a Princess cruise, I think it was about 140 sq ft. His daughters were 7 and 9 at the time. Anything is doable if you're motivated enough! The OP doesn't say why they are looking to do 4 in a cabin and that might make a difference, little people vs. bigger people could make a difference in recommendations.

This comment is directed to PBrown. There have been two negative comments by you re: Oceania, with no details etc. What were your problems specifically? Enough with the innuendo!

NOTE: FJDELRIO, i love it that you care enough about your passengers and company to take the time to read comments posted here. I am cruising with Oceania for the first time!! Regatta, June 20th. I am sooo excited!!!

Jeanine Bishop

When someone has only posted 9 times ( the amount of posts you have made to the boards is near your name)..and 3 ( 2 here and 1 on other board) of them are negative with no explanation one can only assume as Frank has that , that person is a troll. If you click on the posters name you can read their previous threads on the boards. With only 9 it was easy to read all of her posts. The third negative about Oceania was posted on Cunard board. Her "problem" was related to her not knowing the "non smoking" rules on Oceania..because she was not informed or something prior to being on board. One can only imagine she tried to smoke on balcony in cabin or in off limits area and was "found out". She faults the management of O.

Hello.. that is a fault of the ship ? Not.

No worry folks-friends and travel agents and cruisers tell me Oceania is tops/fantastic!!!I believe it,my next cruise is 99% sure it will be Ocenia!!!!

We are on the same cruise. We have been on many different cruise lines with over 20 cruises (including Crystal a number of times) and we still like Oceania the best. The size is perfect, the food is certainly great and the ability to set our own meal times and locations is a lot more attractive that seatings on other lines. You will love it, although 4 in a room in anything but the Penthouse is not recommended....

Hope to see you on board...

When someone has only posted 9 times ( the amount of posts you have made to the boards is near your name)..and 3 ( 2 here and 1 on other board) of them are negative with no explanation one can only assume as Frank has that , that person is a troll.

Hi Claudia,

The number of postings near someone's name is not necessarily accurate as my number is significantly lower than the total I have posted since 2000. The CC Board lost quite a few postings in the last format changeover.

You are probably correct in your other assumption, however, but let's not call our fellow posters rude names.

Thanks,

Smooth sailing!

Bop;)

Jancruz writes > "You can not put 4 in an F..you will have to go up a few categories.." ? ? ?

Yet four F category cabins on Deck 8 and another four F staterooms on Deck 7 are designated as quads, according to Oceania's brochure.

Three of my nieces sailed in a C 1 category on a 16 day cruise of South America, and were thoroughly delighted with their cruising experience on Oceania.

Archived