Entertaiment Book for Hawaii

Giantfan13

Has anyone bought or used the entertainement Book for any parts of their stay in hawaii. As I said previously, we are staying in Ohau for 4 nights pre cruise and are on the POH after that. We thought even if we use the book once or twice, it would pay for itself. has anyone else bought or used the book for anything on Ohau or on any of ther other Islands??

Plenty of people here have used the Entertainment book in Hawaii to save a lot of money - for hotels, rental cars, activities, luaus, etc.. Do a search on "entertainment book" and you'll find the threads. I would do it for you and give you the links but I'm feeling particularly lazy right now ... :)

Spleen

Before you buy an Entertainment book from Hawaii, check if your book from where you live is good. I have used mine from Conn. to reserve cars in Hawaii, eat dinners in Florida, (if they accept the card), and reserve hotels all over the country. They are usually interchangable.

We bought the Hawaii Entertainment Book from my son when he was selling them at school this year. It was about $30 then. We were going to be staying on Oahu for 10 nights starting June 23rd at the time. But we ended up changing it to staying 3 nights in Oahu and then taking a 7 night Pride of Hawaii cruise instead.

But we're still going to get our money back out of the book and then some. We already booked the Germaine's Luau and it saved us $32 (25% off) which pays for the book. And we're more than likely going to use it for 2 of our dinners in Oahu, the Battleship Missouri Memorial (50% off), the USS Bowfin Museum (Buy 1, get 1 free)and parasailing(buy 1, get 1 free). There's also coupons for the other islands. But not as many as for Oahu. We may use 1 or 2 on other islands as well. On what we'll save on our 3 days & nights in Oahu alone, we'll pay for our book and save around $110 on top of that. So it was definitely worth the cost. I think you can buy them online now for 1/2 price since it's half way through the year.

The book is only like $12.50 or something and you can take it with you to use then find people to give the extra stuff to -- that's what we're doing (share the "wealth"). We ordered ours and it took about 2 weeks to get it from the Entertainment website. There's a discount for Germaine's luaus, heli tours, all kinds of things plus there's the same stuff (Safeway, Target, Pizza Hut) that you can use in your home town so you probably can't lose, although they expire in Nov.!!

I ordered my book online and I received it in a week.

We have it and we live here. For Tanaka of Tokyo alone we buy it. :) It's my kids' favorite restaurant. But we use it for a few others as well.

I ordered my book online and I received it in a week.

We have it and we live here. For Tanaka of Tokyo alone we buy it. :) It's my kids' favorite restaurant. But we use it for a few others as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We got ours for half price; arrived within a week. Used it only once, but it paid for itself. There's a coupon for $36 off at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We booked with them directly online with a credit card, but we turned in the coupon at the cashier's window when we got there and were credited for $36. (I had e-mailed PCC about it and was advised to do this; worked like a charm.)

We were only on Oahu for three nights after the POH cruise and could have used it more, but we ended up with other plans. We left the book there with friends.

Thanks D&J for the heads up. I was going to just reserve the PCC and pay them when I get there, so I could hand them my coupon.

The Entertainment books are now, buy one 2007 book and get a FREE 2006 book.

It is a great idea to hand the book over to another arriving family, when you leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out how the coupons work. Do you also need to show the card when you use a coupon? Some coupons say Good for four people.

The PCC is just good for $36? Not $36 off of each ticket? If I get 4 tickets, I only save a total of $36. Is this correct. Their prices are not cheap. Thanks for clearifying this for me.

They are selling the 2007 with a free 2006 book now.

The offers in the front of the book are those that you show your card and the card gets punched. The 'coupons' from the casual dining section back may or may not ask for the card. The card is just verification that you own the book and are not just taking coupons from a friend who owns it. I myself have never been asked for the card on a coupon.

The coupon/offer often has a limit. If it says "buy one meal get one free up to $28" and you order two meals, one at $30 and one at $27, the $27 dollar one is considered free. If the meals ordered are $30 and $35, then you will have to pay $2 on the $30 meal only....hence the $28 value of the coupon.

You are correct that you will save $36 on PCC...not over.

The "up to 4 people" ones may say something like "25% off up to 4 people" so that would mean 25% off each person's total...so if 4 people go, the cost of one person would be essentially free.

I hope that is clearer for you

Suebee, Spleen and others that are lucky enough to live in the Islands,

Have you heard about the Go Hawaiian cards that offer discounts to the tourist activities and museums? Is the card any good??? I posted a thread on this the other day and haven't recieved a reply I am trying to do my "homework". Perhaps I should just use the coupon book instead.

Thanks for any advise. :p

Deb

Thank you for the clearifications on the Entertainment Book. This is the first time I have gotten the book. Murphy's Law, there is no coupon for a Thrifty car rental. Of course, I'm renting from Thrifty. All the other places have a coupon. : ( There is a garage or parking lot accross from the Outrigger Reef. Do you have any information on it? I heard it was much cheaper than hotel parking. ($18 per night)

I don't recall a parking garage/lot across the street from the Outrigger Reef. But remember that that entire block is under demolition/construction at this time for the Outrigger Boardwalk project - even if there was one before, it might not exist any more.

Spleen

Archived