Cab fare to PB and to town

adonisr

I have read that a cab will cost about 12 dollars for 4 people to Paradise Beach from the pier (RCCL). How much will the cab cost back into town. We plan on hitting the beach in the morning, then town to shop after lunch.

Thanks

Tom;

I have to honestly say these boards have peaked my interest in going to PB while in Cozumel. We want to spend the morning at the beach and then shop on the way back to the pier. Should we take a cab or rent a car? Are taxi's easy to get....I would hate to miss the boat while waiting on a taxi!! Where are the best places to shop?

CruisingCatherine...I guess the best shopping would be downtown, more selection=lower prices? To be honest, I have no idea since I live here and don't feel the need to go out and buy a souvenir! Maybe other CCers could tell you if prices are better downtown or at the shops at the pier?

If you are only going to stop at 2,3,4 places while in Cozumel, then you are far better off taking taxis. Way less hassle than renting a car. Taxis are extremely easy to get...if they were painted yellow, you would swear you were in N.Y.!! Hasta la vista!

We asked the ladies braiding hair and the cab driver where the best place to shop for tourists is and they both said the "Central" market area. We went to the shops there and the port area shops. The shops in the Central area had more of a mexican market feel to them. The shops by the port are larger, more "mall like". If you have time and don't mind paying a few dollars to get to the Center market I think you'll feel more like you saw a bit of the town.

Archived