Cruise Documents

When should I expect to be getting my paperwork from RCCB for my July 3rd cruise. This is my first cruise and I don't want to miss out on anything and I am just making sure that I have everything ready to go.

When should I expect to be getting my paperwork from RCCB for my July 3rd cruise. This is my first cruise and I don't want to miss out on anything and I am just making sure that I have everything ready to go.

Did you book the cruise through RCI or a TA? If you booked through a TA then RCI sends them to the TA and then the TA sends them to you. I am sailing on 6/30 and have not received documents yet but I have found that RCI is good about getting them out in plenty of time.

I you fill out all of your documentation online ahead of time, I don't think you even need your documents, although I love doing that doc dance myself! I'm waiting to do one now for our Monarch cruise in a few weeks. The package also contains luggage tags, but you can pick those up at the pier. It's nice to have the pre-printed ones, but not essential.

We've used the Set Sail pass on our last 2 cruises and haven't had to pull the documents out of our bag.

I'll still call RCI or my TA if I don't get the docs 2 weeks out. I'm just that way.

if you made a recent upgrade will that prevent you from receiving them. my ta emailed me i would get docs at pier pu. would it be because i changed rooms. can i get email docs rather than pier pu. with all the price adjs recently i'm sure many have room changes. has anyone else's docs been affected by upgrades.

if you made a recent upgrade will that prevent you from receiving them. my ta emailed me i would get docs at pier pu. would it be because i changed rooms. can i get email docs rather than pier pu. with all the price adjs recently i'm sure many have room changes. has anyone else's docs been affected by upgrades. what exactly is included in docs? is it a hassle not to receive them how does this affect boarding

I gotten cruise docs as early as a month from the cruise and as late as a week before the cruise, and even an email instead of cruise docs. They usually are sent to the TA and then to you, so you have to factor in that turnaround time. Thus, statements such as "I got mine yesterday, so you should get yours tomorrow" have no merit.

However, Critterchick is very wise and speaks the truth..................the SetSail Pass is all you need............................and be careful not to step in that pier pu!

The SetSail Pass is a wonderful thing - and truly is all you need.

Before the SetSail Pass, RCCL forgot to send me my docs - and I was flying on cruise air. I ended up getting them UPS overnight at 8:30pm - the night before the cruise with a 5am flight the next morning. Believe me when I tell you, the SetSail Pass is a WONDERFUL thing!

Did you book the cruise through RCI or a TA? If you booked through a TA then RCI sends them to the TA and then the TA sends them to you. I am sailing on 6/30 and have not received documents yet but I have found that RCI is good about getting them out in plenty of time.

I'm glad you mentioned this because it's something I hadn't thought of just yet for my trip in Dec. Yes, RCI said my TA will the get the docs and send them to me. My condo has a small, apt. type mailbox so I'll have them sent to another location, so that they're not sitting out in the hall in front of my door all day. I'm assuming someone has to sign for them. Thank you very much for the info. and giving me a heads-up.:)

Archived