LIVE From 6/4 Freedom of the Seas - Add your thoughts here & WIN PRIZES

The Long Wait is OVER – Premiering NOW' date=' Freedom of the Seas!!

The wait has been long, but it’s finally here – this is the LIVE (on your computer) Premier of “Freedom of the Seas Maiden Voyage”

Be the first on your computer to view this master piece.

Enjoy

Click here

[/quote']

Thank you. Very kind of you to put this together for all of us to see. Thanks for sharing.

Peggy

I was wondering if anyone took any pics of the Main Dining Room's Menus.

Oh and another thing, did anyone dine at Jade? What to they serve there? Do they serve Sushi or do they just cook food in front of you like they do at Benny Hanna's?

Thanks to anyone that can help in advance.

I was wondering if anyone took any pics of the Main Dining Room's Menus.

Oh and another thing, did anyone dine at Jade? What to they serve there? Do they serve Sushi or do they just cook food in front of you like they do at Benny Hanna's?

Thanks to anyone that can help in advance.

I did not take photos of the main menus.. many many of the items are the same that you see on all the RCI ships.. there were a few changes like serving of caesar salad in a large glass bowl in the middle of the table on two evenings.. the desserts were all the same that I remember from previous cruises... they save the awesome key lime pie for the last evening :)

Jade is not a sit down restaurant that you are served in.. I believe they introduced Jade on the Navigator of the Seas..it is an extension of Windjammer and it is on the right hand side as you enter the Windjammer area..you will come to Jade first and they feature Asian dishes but I do not remember seeing them cook in front of you..it is buffet style but the food is good there..they also serve breakfast items in the morning... not sure about Sushi....

Emmy

If Jade is anything like it was on the Mariner, I highly suggest staying away from the Sushi. It was the worst I've ever had. I'm a big fan of Sushi, but I almost threw up after taking a couple bites.

Bad taste and very rubbery.

Of course, in their defense, it's very difficult to have good Sushi when it's near impossible to serve it fresh.

Can anyone that was on the freedom already (lucky ducks) tell me if they know who the Hotel Director was? Also I saw on the Compass that there is a Tracy on board can you tell me if she had an accent or not? Please Please Please.

Kelly,

Yes, her name is Tracy. Blonde woman, slight accent, but not sure I remember what type.

Tracy

huge thanks to all who have posted photos, reviews, and the 'movie' - fantastic stuff - we can't get enough of it.

One question for me please - what was the motion like on this voyage. there were plenty saying that the stabilisers weren't working before hand - what was it like on this one? didn't anyone complain of sea sickness?

huge thanks for any info

One question for me please - what was the motion like on this voyage. there were plenty saying that the stabilisers weren't working before hand - what was it like on this one? didn't anyone complain of sea sickness?

Hardly any motion at all. Only between GC and Haiti did it even feel like we were on a ship, and we were cruising at 25 knots in strong winds. Captain said he had hardly used stabilizers at all....only leaving Montego Bay, since there were several turns and the ice skaters requested it.

Tracy

Hardly any motion at all. Only between GC and Haiti did it even feel like we were on a ship, and we were cruising at 25 knots in strong winds. Captain said he had hardly used stabilizers at all....only leaving Montego Bay, since there were several turns and the ice skaters requested it.

Tracy

As usual Tracy is right on target. One morning at breakfast another couple we were sitting with and us were joking that "we thought we booked a cruise but we feel like we are on a land vacation". LOL Very little motion. We were 15 minutes away from the Miami pier when I looked up from unpacking and realized we had left the dock. Mr. Ski was out on the balcony on his phone and had not told me we were leaving. I just happened to look up and saw we were a long way away from the terminal. No shaking of glasses at dinner. No "sealegs" while on the ship or after getting off.

Can anyone that was on the freedom already (lucky ducks) tell me if they know who the Hotel Director was? Also I saw on the Compass that there is a Tracy on board can you tell me if she had an accent or not? Please Please Please.

Thanks for your help.

Kelly

The Hotel Director is Martin Rissley. He was on the Voyager and Adventure previously. As far as Tracy, if she is in Guest Relations then yes she was on Adventure (if she is who I am thinking of). What part of which compass did you see her listed and I'll try to look it up and see what I remember.

The Hotel Director is Martin Rissley. He was on the Voyager and Adventure previously. As far as Tracy, if she is in Guest Relations then yes she was on Adventure (if she is who I am thinking of). What part of which compass did you see her listed and I'll try to look it up and see what I remember.

I am so glad that he will be on this cruise. My husband and I had dinner with him on AOS. I think Tracy is the same Tracy that was on AOS. It was on the Day 2 compass about getting Tattoos by Tracy.

Thank You So much.

Kelly

Rob,

Your video was great and we can't wait to go - only 6 more months. What a great group of people on your cruise, you were all so lucky! So far our board is incredibly dead - only about 40 entries. Hopefully it will pick-up because its always so much fun meeting people that you've been corresponding with in advance. Anyone on the 12/17/06 cruise?? Let's get chatting.

Thanks again Rob and everyone else for your stories and comments, I really enjoyed them.

Archived