Quiet Concierge Cabin on Constellation???

Luxuriate

I am looking to book on the Consellation but keep reading about how load the 9th floor is. I am looking for a good and quiet concierge cabin on the Constellation. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Cheryl

We've been on the Constellation four times and we've never had a noise problem. We've always had a room on the 8th deck between the middle and forward staircases. I would avoid the 9th deck and try not to be too close to the stairways.

Hi,

As with anything dealing with opinions, it's all subjective: some will love it, others will rue the day they booked it.

Personally, we love the 9th deck on M-class vessels, primarily for the overhang. We're not big sun-worshippers, and find that in unpredictable weather the overhang actually extends our use of the veranda.

Regarding noise, one person may find it unbearable while the next never hears a thing.

Our most recent stateroom was 9148. Very quiet (to us, anyway) and quite delightful.

The only deck 9 stateroom I'd caution you about is 9094, which has a microscopic veranda with virtually zero privacy thanks to its' proximity to CS 9096.

Whichever deck or stateroom you choose, have a wonderful cruise vacation!

CM

The quietest CC cabins we've had were 6144 and 6143 tucked away among the suites on deck 6. Huge balconies, too! We also love 8045 on the Panorama Deck.

MissM

was the only noise we heard and this was from outside dining area getting the chairs ready for breakfast croud. It was a little annoying but acceptable since we were able to view the islands a little longer while sipping cocktails on our veranda.

We had, 9038, 9042 (I think), 9065, and 6144. All were very quiet. We love the overhang. As long as you stay up by the T-pool and Spa, noise should not be an issue.

This last time we were in 6144 which has an awesome balcony, but is next to suites that might and did have families with little kids. There was much more noise (from next door) in that cabin than the others on deck 9. But, the balcony is awesome!

Enjoy,

Duane

I had 9069... and noise from above was not an issue...

The only minor complaint I had was the staff doors... They were across the hall, and every morning, the door would slam a lot... we addressed it with the asst housekeeping manager, and he advised his staff to please not let the door slam behind them...

It was a minor annoyance....

The best way to avoid noise is to pick a deck with cabins above and below. Decks 7 and 8 on the Constellation are perfect.

Gordon

We always have an Aft cabin on Deck 7. Right above the Penthouse Suites, and always extremely quiet.

We always have an Aft cabin on Deck 7. Right above the Penthouse Suites, and always extremely quiet.

Having just disembarked from the Infinity in a CC cabin, I can give you one bit of advice. Stay away from cabins that are "ajoining." This is where there is a door between your cabin and the next. If you have a loud neighbor you will not have a quiet cabin yourself. In fact, normal conversation can be heard through the door as well. I would make sure you are not in an ajoining cabin on CC in the CC whatever the floor.

Having just disembarked from the Infinity in a CC cabin, I can give you one bit of advice. Stay away from cabins that are "ajoining." This is where there is a door between your cabin and the next. If you have a loud neighbor you will not have a quiet cabin yourself. In fact, normal conversation can be heard through the door as well. I would make sure you are not in an ajoining cabin on CC in the CC whatever the floor.

We had this problem on our first X cruise and actually on the Connie. We asked our room steward if anything could be done. He came back with a roll of "duck tape" and taped around the edge of the door. From that point on quiet as a mouse. So if you can't find out if you get an ajoining room bring your own duck tape.

Mike & Emily:mad:

The quietest CC cabins we've had were 6144 and 6143 tucked away among the suites on deck 6. Huge balconies, too! We also love 8045 on the Panorama Deck.

MissM

Do you by chance have any pictures of 6143 and the veranda? We booked it for Alaska next year on Summit. I'd especiallly like to get a feel for the larger balcony.

Mark

Mark, of course, we're happy to share our pictures. If you don't mind waiting a bit until my husband gets home from a business trip.....I'm "challenged" in that department! You will love 6143!

MissM

We too were fortunate to have booked 6135 and 6143 on the Infinity..(Hawaii and Panama)...

The balconies are huge, and have enough overhang that we were able to have breakfast on the balcony while cruising the Panama Canal in a downpour..

Plus they are aft and right in the middle of "Penthouse Row".. super quiet both sailings...

We too were fortunate to have booked 6135 and 6143 on the Infinity..(Hawaii and Panama)...

The balconies are huge, and have enough overhang that we were able to have breakfast on the balcony while cruising the Panama Canal in a downpour..

Plus they are aft and right in the middle of "Penthouse Row".. super quiet both sailings...

Archived