Rhapsody-"actual" boarding time?

I read on the RCCL info that boarding time on the Rhapsody is 2pm, not before. I have read on several boards that people lined up around 11am/12noon and got on in about an hour. Can anyone confirm that they actually did this in Galveston. What time did you get in line? Was it crowded? What time did you actually get on the boat. Any feedback from the past year or so would be great. Thanks!

In March we boarded around 11: 30 am. No line, Just walked right up at check-in. We could not get to our cabin until 1. Take your swim suit etc in your carry on as your luggage comes later. Jean

Yes--get there early, if possible. This counts as your 1st day at sea! As soon as the previous cruisers have left the ship, they will start boarding the new crowd! Try to be there around 11-11:30--you shouldn't have to wait too long.

same thing no problem on board by 12...this was the first time where they actually had signs saying cabin will not be ready till 1 but had no effect...have a great time on a great ship with great people..may never sail from another port again!

I read on the RCCL info that boarding time on the Rhapsody is 2pm, not before... What time did you get in line? Was it crowded? What time did you actually get on the boat.

The Rhapsody and the Splendour have boarding down to a science in Galveston. We've sailed them both several times and have been aboard the ship as early as 10:45 am. Amazing, but we've only seen early boarding fail once, and that was for the Splendour passengers waiting for us to return one morning.

Consider this, the Conquest is also in port on Sunday, so take five thousand passengers off, five thousand on and you'd do well to arrive early. For us it's about a 35 minute drive, so we exit Harborside Drive from I-45 south, turn right and drive down to the ship to unload the baggage.

You will really like the ship, we've enjoyed the service in the dining room more than any other ship, and the entertainment quality is great as well. Be sure to see Derek Lewis and his routine, he spares few members of the audience.

Here are some photos of the Rhapsody and others, including our two nighter aboard the Freedom of the Seas.

http://community.webshots.com/user/blusry

Take Care,

Lee

When I got my porter in May, we each dropped him a 10 dollar bill, had 2 bags each for him to check, we had our luggage by 3pm.. Cant promise it will work every time, but so far it has for me.... latest I ever got my luggage was 5pm, with one time it beating me to my cabin!

For the 5/28 cruise, we arrived at pier via EZ Cruise Parking shuttle at 11:30. Checked our bags, checked in, and boarded the ship at about 11:50. The Windjammer did not open for lunch until a little after 12:00. Very easy.

Here are some photos of the Rhapsody and others, including our two nighter aboard the Freedom of the Seas.

http://community.webshots.com/user/blusry

I think I have fallen in love with this ship through your photographs (I'm a theatre tech and I actually gasped out loud with pleasure when I ran across the pic of the tech booth...sigh...). I can't wait til next May, which is actually one of the things I really liked about your shots...they are from around the same time of year that I'm going so I hope that they are a reasonable indicationof what to expect.

Archived