Info on Zenith Rooms

cruisingdelt

We are booked on the Zenith to Bermuda:) but not until next summer:( (have to book early to get those rooms for 4). We have room 6112. When docked in Hamilton does the port or starboard side of the ship typically face Hamilton or is it random? I would like to face the harbor. In 2001 we were on the starboard side facing Hamilton. Thanks!

If you see a cabin you like on the other side, I suggest switching it. My reasons for this are because

* the harbor in Hamilton is GORGEOUS, I took so many pictures of it that my Dad told me he was bored :)

* the town in St. George's is very cute to look at

* in the possible but unlikely event that the harbor at St. George's is closed to cruise ships due to high winds and rough seas, you'll end up staying in Hamilton for the extra nights...where you can look at the harbor :) This happened to us a few weeks ago. By the way, don't worry, if the ship can't be moved to St. George's the ferries will still run there, as will the busses.

Thanks for the replies. I will be calling my TA tomorrow for a room on the port side.

Leela-you mentioned the possibility of not getting to St. George's. This happened to us in 2001. No big deal, we just used our bus passes to get to the Swizzle Inn (Mom and Dad) and the Ice Cream Factory accross the street for the kids. I would like to go through the cut to St. George's, it looks like an interesting passage.

Again, thanks for the advice, it is what makes these boards so good. Enjoy your days!

Archived