Latitudes Information???

F11

I want ACTION now!!! In March I was promised a Latitudes package shortly after home arrival-I live on Earth-so far nothing! Why am I about to book a cruise with another line? This is June,I guess NCL does not need my next 10 cruises or more.....

Relax...you don't need a Latitudes Package to book another NCL cruise. You have a Latitudes number on file with NCL that defines you as a member entitled to all of the benefits. I have been a member since 1989 and have never had to use my membership card.

PE

As mentioned, relax... it's perfectly normal not to have received anything. It took almost five months for us to receive our cards and the magazine. The only real benefit to being a latitudes member are the pins in your stateroom, the captains cocktail party, and some discounted prices on cruises which you can find online.

What are the benefits??? Cocktail party-I do not drink,I am so very upset with lack of service....

What lack of service??? All of the Latitudes benefits are listed on NCL's web site. And if that is not enough for you, call the Latitudes desk if this is so important to you.

PE<---just doesn't get it????...:eek:

No big deal,

I just called NCL and asked for my number because I needed it to reserve my next cruise.:D I did finally get a magazine but no card yet. My wallet is already full of cards so I'm not in a hurry for it.

I wouldn't call this a lack of service.

You are automatically a Latitudes member after your first cruise. You number is on your ticket stub (the one you kept, remember?).

What's the BREAKING NEWS, geesh!

We are Latitude members. We do not drink. When you go to the Latitudes party they are more than happy to provide you with non-alcoholic drinks. They also give you snacks and have drawings for some prizes. I think it is pretty good.

By the way, take it easy and take a deep breath. You only cruised 3 months ago. It generally takes longer to get the card. All you really need is the number. You are automatically on file with them and they can identify you with only your name if necessary. You are not the only new Latitudes member, there are many others.

I agree with you F11. I sailed 5 years ago and never got the package or card or anything else. I called in Februray of this year when I booked my upcoming Hawaii cruise and was promised a card in 7-10 days. That was almost 5 months ago. Guess what? No card yet.

And regardless of what everyone else says, that IS a lack of customer service.

They should have told me to not expect to receive anything if they dont intend to send anything. I had to get them to add my Latitudes number to this cruise...so they do NOT always automatically do it.

If there really is no benefit to being a member, then they should drop the whole program.

Little things like saying you will receive your card and you dont usually means they are not taking their customers as seriously as they should. And if it happens at this level, it probably happens at higher levels. It makes me feel very unimportant to them as a repeat customer.

I enjoyed my one cruise with NCL very much. No complaints. But I read all of the boards and NCL does have a bad rep for poor customer service that I dont see as often for other lines.

And let's face it...NCL's website is not very user friendly. It is like trying to navigate through mud to find things. (online shore excursion booking for instance).

I am not bashing NCL. I gladly booked with them again. They just need to finetune the website and follow through on little items like MEMBERSHIP CARDS if they want customers to say good things about them here and elsewhere. I hope someone from NCL is reading this.

What is it with this obsession over a little piece of plastic? Like I said before, I have never used my card for anything!! Your number is in their computer to be used for future cruises and to keep track of the number of cruises as you attain increased levels of Latitudes.

PE

We are Latitude members. We do not drink. When you go to the Latitudes party they are more than happy to provide you with non-alcoholic drinks. They also give you snacks and have drawings for some prizes. I think it is pretty good.

And you aren't restricted to just the drinks they pass around on the tray. We've asked for other things and gotten them no problems. I would bet that you can also get "mocktails" (virgin cocktails).

-Monte

It isnt the freakin card people!

IT IS TELLING ME THEY WILL SEND ME ONE AND THEY DONT.

DO YOU NOT GET IT????????

C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R Service.

I have worked in customer service for 17 years. The worst thing you can do is tell someone you are going to do something and then not do it.

And one more time...THEY DID NOT AUTOMATICALLY AND MAGICALLY KNOW I WAS A LATITUDES MEMBER when I booked my next cruise.

I had to tell them I was a member and had never received any kind of documentation.... and then they asked for my number!

I said "I DONT KNOW...YOU NEVER TOLD ME!"

They were able to look it up and now I have it. But should that fall on me? A paying repeat customer? And by the way, if they had sent me the card in the first place, I would have known my number. DUH.

I couldn't care less about the "piece of plastic"!

THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE.

GEEZ FOLKS!

It isnt the freakin card people!

IT IS TELLING ME THEY WILL SEND ME ONE AND THEY DONT.

DO YOU NOT GET IT????????

C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R Service.

I agree with your sentiment, and it bothered me this much, I'd probably choose another line to cruise. But I haven't gotten anything to show I was a repeat customer from the other lines I've sailed either. LOL

jmo

-Monte

We just have card board cards but never had to show them. We did have a problem at the beginnig though. It seemed everytime we cruised (twice a year) they issued new #'s. Finally thought we had it straightened out but when we went on the Jewel in Feb 06 they had my husband on one more cruise than me. Finally they seem to have it right and we are both now gold latitudes. Thought I saw some people on our cruise last week on the Majesty with cards like a credit card that said latitudes.

Just my 2 cents. I called last Oct. for my card and magazine. It is really the magazine that I would like to of seen. I get one from Carnival that is good. I waited thinking there might be a discount in the magazine before I booked my next cruise. Finally I booked in Jan. and told them I still needed my card and magazine etc. I called again 1st of May, went threw different people and asked again. Still haven't seen anything. Oh well. Carnival has discounts in there magazines I might look to next.

Do you still have your tickets?

Next to your name you should see a CLIENT ID # that is your Latitude number. It's in NCL's data base and can be easily looked up by your name. Your ticket should have an NP (new passenger) ...btw PP = past passenger.

Hope this helps.

my package has not arrived as stated!What are benefits?I am very concerned about this....

You can go to the NCL website...it will tell you the benefits. Since they just changed the benefits they may be redoing the mailing....you can call the latitudes desk as others have suggested and they will tell you or you can have a cow..which it seems you want because you just seem to want what you want....MOOOOOO

Archived