Grandeur 9 night from Baltimore questions...

Hello Everyone!

I posted a similar question a while back, and someone suggested I wait and ask it again after Grandeur has sailed out of the new terminal.

How much of the coastline can you see as you are pulling away from the dock and traveling southward? Our daughter lives in DC and would like to drive somewhere to watch the ship pass. Where is the easiest place for her to drive to see it? What time should she expect it? We sail at 4 PM.

Were there any "smart casual" nights in the diningroom? I know what the RCCL info. says about that, but I would like to know from someone who has been on the cruise if in fact there were any. Did people look any different on that night than on casual nights?

Any other info you could give about the cruise would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

Hi! Since no one else answered, I'll try to help. I haven't been on GOS yet (come on September!), but I've been reading up on her. Probably best place for your daughter is gonna be Sandy Point State Park. It's at the foot of the bay bridge and I've seen some great pix taken by tpkeller (I think!) from that point. According to Radio's latest "live" post, it takes about 2 hrs. to reach the Bay Bridge (should be able to see her around 6pm or so). However, being Friday during the summer, I'm sure your daughter knows all about rt. 50 traffic :( So she might want to be early. This is assuming you're taking the 9 night that departs on Fridays - Sunday won't be a problem getting there - might be a problem getting home though:D

From my understanding, other than formal night, all other nights are smart casual in the dining room. Of course the Windjammer is much more casual.

I hope this helps some:o

Archived