How hot?

CoteClan

Could you please describe how warm it can get on cruises at the end of June?

What are some suggestions on keeping cool and where are some great places to cool off on the ship and at port? (we are going to Progresso/Cozumel) Is it miserable when not in the water? I'm use to 90 - 100 at this time of the year in Oklahoma, but tend to stay indoors when it's this warm.

Women ~ Do you usually go without make-up during the days on the ship in order to avoid sweating it all off? I expect I'll be pool/beach side most days anyway. But, when I'm not, I'm curious if it will even be worth the effort to wear any.

Oh it's hot. Here in FL it's already in the 90's and humid as hell, so the further south you go, the hotter it's going to be. If you're not used to it, it can really be overwhelming. If you're not in the water, sitting in the shade and hoping for a nice breeze makes it liveable. Trying to walk around the streets and shop in town is going to be hot for you, but maybe you can try doing that either in the morning or later afternoon hours.

The last summer i was in Cozumel, i thought i was going to keel over from a heat stoke at any minute (no kidding) and i live in California so i know what HOT is.

As for the makeup, don't worry about wearing any during the day, just wear sunscreen.

Heck, i'm on vacation, i don't even wear makeup to dinner, just a little mascara and lipstick.

Hot, Hot, Hot and so humid you won't believe. It usually isn't too bad when the ship is moving and in the evenings but ashore, it can be a doozy. Take plenty of tissues to wipe the sweat from your eyes. And, I always take a small "spritz" bottle to spray my face, arms and feet when ashore in the summer. It feels soooooooo good.

Don't worry about the public areas of the ship..plenty cool and your cabin will be actually very cool...

Forget the make up. It will all end up gathered under your chin in a very short time.

LOTS and LOTS of sunblock....

Progreso will be the hottest. I took the Uxmal ruins tour in May 2002 and many members of my group could not complete the tour as it was just so hot and humid. If you move inland from Progreso (the ruins are about 2 hours inland) the temperature frequently reaches over 100 degrees with dewpoints in the mid and upper 80's which is almost unbearable. So yeah, it gets hot in all of those places!

Guest YesitDonna

I was in Cozumel last Thursday and it was 86 but very humid. Of course it was cloudy so it wasn't as hot since the sun didn't come out.

Hello fellow Okie!:D It will be about as hot there as it is here now BUT you don't have the sticky humidity like you do in OK. Or that's what it felt like to me. And as someone mentioned earlier, it does tend to get a little chilly in the dining rooms.

I don't wear make-up either during the day but use LOTS of sunscreen. You're on vacation and no one is going to care what you look like!:p :D

Archived