ready to go for the 1st time

buffcoat1445

This is the wife and i first cruise we are going on the Carnival ship Estascy it does not leave till sept 18 but man oh man are we ready to roll. everthing going to be new to us never been around this kind of ship, we hoping we can meet some nice people on board also , well anyways we going to Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel anfone else going on this cruise , would like to chat with you all , aol instant messenger or yahoo messenger ..:)

Planning is half the fun! Be sure to check out the Ports of Call in the Forum Jump below. The information there is astounding!

Hope you meet someone going with you. Some cruises don't have a big CC turnout; some do. You might get more people closer to your sailing date, too.

Have fun planning!

This is the wife and i first cruise we are going on the Carnival ship Estascy it does not leave till sept 18 but man oh man are we ready to roll. everthing going to be new to us never been around this kind of ship, we hoping we can meet some nice people on board also , well anyways we going to Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel anfone else going on this cruise , would like to chat with you all , aol instant messenger or yahoo messenger ..:)

You're in trouble now....you will be an addict, fer sure. Also check the "roll call" section of the Carnival board to see who might be sailing the same day you are.

You will love the Ecstasy. She is big and gaudy and wonderful! Have a great time!:p

Congrats on your first cruise and welcome to group therapy. This board helps us all keep from going insane before our next cruise and helps us with the depression of our last being over too soon.

Welcome to the addiction, we are here to help :)

• 4 weeks later...

buffcoat1445,

know what you mean about being excited, just wait until it gets to be 2 or 3 days before.... I have trouble sleeping, even after 9 cruises!!!. I noticed in your initial post that you mentioed playa del carmen as a stop, but my tickets show Progresso. It is just a small little fishing village, great beach, but the water isn't the greatest in the Caribbean,(kinda like Galveston,if you know what I mean). There is also a double decker bus that gives a good tour of Progresso for $2.00 and it is always fun to ride. Progresso has the longest pier in the world- 7 miles i think. you get off the ship and ride a bus into town to the Market, the beach is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Market. We wouldn't mind going to Playa del Carmen, as it is a gorgeous little place. We have been on the Celebration, which I believe is a sister ship to the Ecstasy and we loved it!!! really prefer that size to the Conquest Class ships. It has everything on it that we enjoy, but it is not hard to get around on. (I don't get near as lost as many times as on the Conquest class ships) lol... looking forward to meeting all our CC buddies!! oldmedic and sweetnell

i checked the web site and i see they changed the iterinary it was Playa Del Carmen and now i se it is progresso but we can live with that just wanted them dates to get here and we can get on the water and cruise

Thanks for the reply

hello,

Make sure that you are outside on deck, at the highest point that you can go on the ship, as the ship sails out to sea. And stand in the wind and look at the sun, the moon and the stars, and the sea. Then you will understand why so many people become addicted to traveling by cruise ship.

Do not hesitate to ask questions.

Hope that you have a great cruise,

Fred

Archived