Meet & Mingle Door Signs

I'm new to this forum and I'm having trouble. We're cruising on RCI in September and I'd like to find out how to hook up with other Cruise Critic members. I know of another couple attending, but I can't find their names on the members list. HELP!

Go to Royal Caribbean Meet and Mingle Roll Call. Search the threads for your cruise and you will see where other post who is going with you and information about your Meet and Mingle.

I was scrolling through the posts and saw this photograph, it is so gorgeous! Did you use special settings for the lighting and background? I am a novice at photography, so I could use some help please. My new camera is a D3100 Nikon. Thanks, anyone?!

• 3 months later...

Hi again everyone, WOW I Cant believe our cruise is just around the corner. I dont want to sound dumb but the Door signs, is that so we can put on door while on cruise so people can find us? Ive got room 7304...

We are excited to be going Sept 30th on the Explorer of the Seas..This is an exciting time for my husband and I. Its kinda a belated honeymoon and we are also closing on a condo 2 days before we leave for cruise. So Its going to be an exciting time....Can anyone tell me how exciting the Ship Explorer of the Seas is?

We look forward to meeting others.

Rebecca Richards

• 4 weeks later...
I made my own door sign w/magnetic paper from Staples. Just with our name, town and state and cruise critic name. Does any one know if the magnetic paper will stick to the doors on Royal Car. Serenade?

My hubby thinks it is silly. I am taking it anyway. I also made up a business card with our name and email. Last cruise we kept talking about exchanging info but never actually did it.

I didn't scroll through the entire thread, but YES, magnetic paper does work on the cabin doors. My husband had his 1959 Ford Panel artwork done by a friend of ours, I printed picture out on magnetic paper from an office supply store. Worked beautifully - it helped us find our cabin which was right in the middle of a l-o-n-g hallway! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Laura,

Just curious why they are only available on 7 night cruises?

Monarch of the Seas (3-4dy) is the only non 7-day cruise that does a member return reception that serves as a meet and greet. The concierge told me it is because Monarch is "special". Too bad they are retiring it in March 2013.

wondering about that post where the poster asked if the magnetic door signs would work. They never did get an answer. I am wondering the same!?? Are the doors magnetic? We have magnetic signs we want to use.

Thanks for the reply on this site.:confused:

yes they are.

Edited by NYCRUISR

• 7 months later...

I have made all our door signs thru my Scrapbooking Program, there I can get differant templates depending on the theme of our Cruise then using double sided sticky tabs, attach the printed copy ( Photo Paper) unto the magnetic Sheets and attach to the door of our cabin. I make up our CC Sign and a Roll Call sign.

Hi, thanks for the add. I've cruised before on Disney in 2011. Now, wanting to plan a 7 night Eastern carribean cruise on royal Craribean in November with a 4 day land portion ahead of the cruise. any advice would be great. I live in Edmonton, AB, CANADA. Thanks.

I have made all our door signs thru my Scrapbooking Program, there I can get differant templates depending on the theme of our Cruise then using double sided sticky tabs, attach the printed copy ( Photo Paper) unto the magnetic Sheets and attach to the door of our cabin. I make up our CC Sign and a Roll Call sign.

Can you post the name of the scrapbooking software you use to make signs? I need to make some for our upcomming cruise. I have been just using MicroSoft Word to make them and that does seem to work. I have been downloading graphic to add to the page.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

I found magnetic vent covers at Dollar Tree. I thought they would be easy to decorate and carry and attach to the door.

I plan on making a couple.....one for the beginning of the cruise (our "ladies week") and a second for my mom's birthday.

I hope it works!

• 3 weeks later...

Have been reading through this really interesting thread - and would like to thank all those who have offered fantastic advice. I am a first time cruiser to Royal Caribbean (but have cruised before with Holland American and P&O), we never were involved with Cruise Critic before - wish now that we had been.

I thought I would share with you our door sign - it features where we live and our travelling Kiwi "Goldie"

kiwi_mum_MaM-12_zpsf5a5a88e.jpg

With best wishes and many thanks again to all those who have offered their wonderful advice and ideas,

Marita (Kiwi_mum)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Lindia and my husbands name is Jack, we signed up for Meet & Mingle last weekend Numbers 25 & 26, at the time you only had 24 people.. Never signed up for this before. I Have cruised 4 times and this will be jacks third cruise. What is Meet & Mingle?? Sorry it took so long to post but had a problem because I changed my email address and Cruise Critic had to sort it all out...

What is the door sign and why??

Hi, welcome aboard with all of us! The door sign is something you can print out to put on the outside of your door. The one you saw is cruise critic themed. Some make their own, most do not do anything for their doors. I sometimes make my own and print them out on magnetic ink jet paper. Hopefully I was able to attach a picture of one of mine.:) Not RCL as I never made one on that 1st cruise. :D

578985387_NCLDREAMsign.jpg.2a4bc8127e52008d609d70dc440be71e.jpg

I am sailing tomorrow on the Oasis, western Caribbean. I registered too late for the party but I will attend along with my brother if that's ok.

My name is Rick ( crash ) i'm single and 58 my brothers name is Bob married and 63

This is his first cruise and my treat !

See you onboard !!;)

Edited by crash721

Hi my name is Lindia and my husbands name is Jack, we signed up for Meet & Mingle last weekend Numbers 25 & 26, at the time you only had 24 people.. Never signed up for this before. I Have cruised 4 times and this will be jacks third cruise. What is Meet & Mingle?? Sorry it took so long to post but had a problem because I changed my email address and Cruise Critic had to sort it all out...

Quite simply, the Meet and Mingle is an opportunity to meet and mingle with other Cruise Critic users, many of whom you will meet online in your sailings bulletin board postings. We spent an enjoyable half hour or so with everybody who signed up, there was food and drink along with door prizes. After the official meeting a few of us spent the rest of the morning chatting and sharing. It was very pleasant, indeed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just happened to run across this site today and I have no clue what this whole "meet and mingle" door sign thing is for....how do I know if there is going to be a "meet and mingle" on the ship I'm sailing on....sorry I'm new to all this cruising stuff lol! :)

I just happened to run across this site today and I have no clue what this whole "meet and mingle" door sign thing is for....how do I know if there is going to be a "meet and mingle" on the ship I'm sailing on....sorry I'm new to all this cruising stuff lol! :)

you sign on to the M&M at the top of the page of your actual ship roll call and if the cruise is more than 5 days , you log on with your CC name and booking information and register. once enough people are registered for that actual cruise you will get a notice that the M&M is on. just before cruise you check to see when the M&M will be held. free prizes, free drinks and a chance to meet new people, some people put the sign on the door to let other CC cruisers know. On our TA next May we are getting pins for the cruise and have a slot pull etc organized as well. you should read the Message board or roll call for your actual cruise to see what is happening and you will get an idea of what is being planned. Have fun.

Edited by Folk Singer