Meet & Mingle Door Signs

• 4 weeks later...

Great job, Bassnote_1! Just want to add my thanks for the terrific door sign. I posted a note to tell my M & M group about it a few minutes ago and hope we will all have them prominently displayed on our 9/9 cruise.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Carrie

• 2 weeks later...

Here are updated links to the doorsigns for the Meet and Mingle

http://www.geocities.com/bassnote_1

or you can also try

http://dkinner.tripod.com/cruisinwyo.html

You will need Adobe 6.0 or higher to open and put your name on them and you may have to turn off your popup blocker for a moment on the Geocities site.

If you encounter any problems you can e-mail me at Bassnote_1@yahoo.com and I will help you out.

You can download a free copy of Acrobat http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

at that link.

GET OU THERE!

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the Radiance for the Alaska Cruise 6-25. Well, someone in our group traveling together made us all meet and mingle door signs... I think the second night I got a creepy call from a crew member looking to "hang out"

My sisters two doors down got the same call. ItT creeped us out. Who wants to deal with that on vacation! None of the signs with male and female names got calls I think, but we did. (I was rooming with my female friend.

Just a note of caution...Have fun.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I am looking for these to hand out to everyone at my meet and mingle in Oct. Thanks in advance!!!:D

RCI provided name tags for us along with a 'passport' holder that went around our necks. We wrote our names and screennames on them. This was on the Splendour in February this year.

I was pretty disappointed in the turnout for the MM, but those that did show had a pretty good time and the snacks were great.

RCI provided name tags for us along with a 'passport' holder that went around our necks. We wrote our names and screennames on them. This was on the Splendour in February this year.

I was pretty disappointed in the turnout for the MM, but those that did show had a pretty good time and the snacks were great.

Thanks for the info!:) We're sailing with HAL so I'll check with them to see what they can do. We have about 46 people on our roll call and everyone looks like they will be at the party.

If you have a local Staples store, you can either download the pdf file onto a floppy or a flashdrive and take it to them, and they can print it out for either 1.09 or 1.49 per copy. They also can make a copy by e-mail. Just put the pdf in an attachment and send it to them. You will have to call your store and get their specific address. Cost 2.49 to open the file and the same price per copy. I am to cheap to buy a color printer cartridge at 30 to 40 bucks a pop. Hope this is useful.

Went back today with my floppy disk. Copies are .99c standard size,1.09 legal, and 1.99 for an even larger size. They also have different grades of paper. regular, cardboard, and glossy. They can laminate them as well for .99c per copy. This makes them usable over and over. So for a few bucks you can get one that will last a lifetime of cruising. I posted this on my M&M thread to share. Hope you enjoy your next cruise!;)

Some of the same "are the doors metal" type-questions in this thread are the Q's I had when I did a search for "door sign" and found this thread. I decorated my door my last cruise on Disney and was guessing the doors would be magnetic/metal on RCI also, but did not recal from Empress because it wasn't something I knew about or though about as a cruise newbie at the time. Might just make up my own using powerpoint, w/ clip art, photos (many of which I've downloaded from photo albums on the net), etc., and print on the magnetic photo sheets. Also have from Wal mart, and maybe some from office depot as well.

There are also business card sized magnetic sheets, with an adhesive side to put on the back of your business card so clients/contacts cant just put it on the fridge--these are sold in stacks of 25 or even 50 I think, often right by the check out in a Staples of someplace like that. Take one, cut w/ scissors into smaller strips, and you can attach w/ the adhesive side to any non-magnetic sign you create. I had to cut a few into tiny bits to attach about a dozen mickey heads to my last DCL door along w/ the larger sign.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way you could alter the door sign for your fellow cruisers over at Celebrity?Could you substitute "Celebrity Connections" for Meet and Mingle.The door signs are a great idea but we have do not have one as yet-since you did a great job on the meet and mingle,is it possible?Thanks

for your time

PS We have over 112 for our cruise critic party on the Constellation 10/17/05

Is there any way you could alter the door sign for your fellow cruisers over at Celebrity?Could you substitute "Celebrity Connections" for Meet and Mingle.The door signs are a great idea but we have do not have one as yet-since you did a great job on the meet and mingle,is it possible?Thanks

for your time

PS We have over 112 for our cruise critic party on the Constellation 10/17/05

I'll see what I can do! I actually stole this one from Laura :D and just converted it. I will see if I can get her permission and then let 'er rip.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'll see what I can do! I actually stole this one from Laura :D and just converted it. I will see if I can get her permission and then let 'er rip.

Please come back...

I would like to have a copy of the door sign for the Celebrity cruises too! "Please and Thank You" up front!!!

Please come back...

I would like to have a copy of the door sign for the Celebrity cruises too! "Please and Thank You" up front!!!

I am waiting to hear from CC if this is doable. I will host it on my sites and use my artwork, but the CC logo and X logo and stuff is the stickler.

• 4 weeks later...

Your sign looks great. I can't wait to try it out.

Reminds me of our last cruise, one of our cruising partners in crime turned 55 and we kept posting faux traffic signs on her door. Speed Limit 55, Slippery Slopes Ahead, Warning Objects in Mirror May Appear Older Than They Really Are....

She has promised revenge, so if I post a really pretty sign maybe she won't have the heart to desecrate it....(wishful thinking).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bassnote, how did you modify the adobe file excellent job

Pete

I simply used Adobe to create a form field that can be filled out once it is loaded. I am working on some other door signs, but have never heard from CC if I can use the logos or not and I suppose I should ask permission to use RCI and X logos as well. ;)

• 1 month later...