? re: Pool complex at Costa Maya pier

herb

While visiting webshots I noticed quite a few people had pictures of the pool right by the pier along with restaurants/bars and shopping.

Is there a fee for using that pool?

Is there a nice beach area to use at that location as well or do you need to go to a different place to enjoy the sand and ocean? (not talking about the beach to the right of the pier where everyone is trying to sneak in ... I read that thread ;) )

The pool that you see does not have a fee to enjoy it. The beach there wasn't nice for hanging out but there's one close by, I think. We were there Oct '04 and ended up hanging out there for the whole day. It was actually very nice to have something so close and nice. the kids loved it. My husband and I are leaving this Saturday and that is one of our stops again, so i'm sure we'll be enjoying it again!

The pool is free...kind of dirty though...it is swim up bar with a bunch of drunks spilling their drinks...and kids dropping their food and wrappers. If ti was kept cleaner it would be fabulous!

The pool is free...kind of dirty though...it is swim up bar with a bunch of drunks spilling their drinks...and kids dropping their food and wrappers. If ti was kept cleaner it would be fabulous!

From what you wrote it really doesn't so very appealing at all! :eek:

Looks much nicer in the pictures.

From what you wrote it really doesn't so very appealing at all! :eek:

Looks much nicer in the pictures.

Unfortunately...I was one of those drunks:o and if I noticed it in my state, I am sure it was nasty! Too bad because the complex is quite pretty, pretty enough that you wouldn't need an excursion at this port...if the pool was kept cleaner!

• 2 weeks later...
What about the tiki huts near the pool area...are those free? Assume you need to get one early in the morning?

I assume you are referencing the covered areas on the beach by the pool area. We enjoyed them with no fees while we were there the few times in the past.

NO way would I have gotten into that pool. It was kinda green looking...not clean at all. Nice layout and even nice to look at (even with the green water), but nasty.

The best thing to do is go into town or the resort enxt door and bypass that tourist trap anyway.

I have to disagree with the above posters.

at least on the day I was there (March 4) the water was crystal clear blue and I very much enjoyed floating on a mat amongst the fountains:-), and then swiming up to the bar for a cold beverage:-)

I thought the whole concept & layout of the pool area was GREAT (but definitely a "tourist trap") Does anyone know who's responsible for maintaining the pool?

Has anyone else been there on a "good" day?

Annie

Gee, so far I like Island Annie's version the best. We still have PLENTY of time until it's our turn to go there and I'm sure alot will change in Costa Maya by then :)

Go for it Herb. You'll have to walk right past the pool to get beyond the complex to do anything else any way.

That way you'll be able to see if it meets your standards for cleanliness or not. (I'm betting it will, but will look forward to your comments when you return).

Happy sailing!

Annie

When we were there back in early May I didn't see any of the uncleanliness mentioned above. The water was clean and crystal clear. Everyone seemed to be really enjoying themselves.

Archived