Valor Cat 1A-Cruising Alone

I have been on many cruises. I am really happy about the Platinum Perk's thing...I have cheated and used Skippers Club before but last Oct (same ship; same itinerary...you can see I am a certified cruisaholic) I was locked out..oh well! The lines move quickly anyway.

Been working way too much and on a stressful afternoon I booked for July 16; by myself; in a very diffrent type cabin for me....1A...portholes :cool: but I wanted to spend the least on my cabin since I am traveling alone and dont plan to spend any time in there anyway. But does anyone have firsthand experience with this type cabin. I am used to the balcony style and have cruised aft balconys many times and just love them. No problem but any info would be appreciated.

Looking forward to downtime at sea soon!:)

I stayed in a category 1A stateroom on the Fascination and on the Glory. The rooms feel more spacious since there was only 1 bed on the floor. I cruise solo on the Fascination and I cruised with my daughter on the Glory. The room on the Glory was nicer (simply because it's a newer ship than the Fascination), however I was quite pleased with both rooms. What I like about the category 1A rooms is you can get a room on the higher decks for a great price. We were on deck 6 of the Glory and the room was in an excellent location. I have another 1A booked in September (going with a friend but I wanted my own room) and I'm looking forward to another great cruise.

Happy cruisin' :p

I did the 1A porthole cabin twice last year-once on Riviera deck on the Conquest and once on the Main deck on Glory (both same class as Valor). Those were my first two cruises so I don't know how it would be going from a balcony down to a 1A porthole, but the rooms were nice. Each had a single twin bed and a sofa and the room didn't feel small(I can't imagine a 2nd bed in there though; I think the rooms are a bit narrower than the regular rooms). The portholes gave me enoug sunlight that it felt like day during the day. Didn't spend a lot of time in the room other than to sleep and change clothes. If you aren't going to spend much time in the room, then a 1A with portholes is a great choice for traveling alone.

I just came back from the Valor this past April. I had a 1A 2462 with 2 huge windows. If either that room or 2465 is available, go for it. There is no sofa, but only 2 small chairs and a table.

2 years ago, I was in a porthole 1A cabin on the Destiny, it's also OK. I'm never much in my room, so it didn't bother me.

I too was sailing solo, so this was perfect for me.

Whatever you decide, you will love the Valor.

Joanne

I did the 1A porthole cabin twice last year-once on Riviera deck on the Conquest and once on the Main deck on Glory (both same class as Valor). Those were my first two cruises so I don't know how it would be going from a balcony down to a 1A porthole, but the rooms were nice. Each had a single twin bed and a sofa and the room didn't feel small(I can't imagine a 2nd bed in there though; I think the rooms are a bit narrower than the regular rooms). The portholes gave me enoug sunlight that it felt like day during the day. Didn't spend a lot of time in the room other than to sleep and change clothes. If you aren't going to spend much time in the room, then a 1A with portholes is a great choice for traveling alone.

What cabin numbers did you have? I have been looking at both of those 1As in those ships and wondering about the noise level of the anchor.

I had 1211 on the Conquest and 2217 on Glory. I don't remember any noise on Glory and a little bit when we got ready to leave ports on the Conquest. Never lasted more than a few minutes though. Otherwise, the location was pretty quiet.

I have been on many cruises. I am really happy about the Platinum Perk's thing...I have cheated and used Skippers Club before but last Oct (same ship; same itinerary...you can see I am a certified cruisaholic) I was locked out..oh well! The lines move quickly anyway.

Been working way too much and on a stressful afternoon I booked for July 16; by myself; in a very diffrent type cabin for me....1A...portholes :cool: but I wanted to spend the least on my cabin since I am traveling alone and dont plan to spend any time in there anyway. But does anyone have firsthand experience with this type cabin. I am used to the balcony style and have cruised aft balconys many times and just love them. No problem but any info would be appreciated.

Looking forward to downtime at sea soon!:)

The Cabin you want is 2465, its a big Cat. 1a cabin with 2 full size windows. Go here to check it out: http://members.cox.net/wennfred1/Cabin2465

I just came back from the Valor this past April. I had a 1A 2462 with 2 huge windows. If either that room or 2465 is available, go for it. There is no sofa, but only 2 small chairs and a table.

2 years ago, I was in a porthole 1A cabin on the Destiny, it's also OK. I'm never much in my room, so it didn't bother me.

I too was sailing solo, so this was perfect for me.

Whatever you decide, you will love the Valor.

Joanne

JXR, i will be traveling with my wife and two sons (17/20) on the valor this coming september and i have book room 2462, the very same room you were in, for my two sons. Can you tell me more about the room? I know the carnival travel agent said it would be fine for my two sons but i want some details: spacious?, bed situation?, good sized bathroom? Some details would be much appreciated.

JXR, i will be traveling with my wife and two sons (17/20) on the valor this coming september and i have book room 2462, the very same room you were in, for my two sons. Can you tell me more about the room? I know the carnival travel agent said it would be fine for my two sons but i want some details: spacious?, bed situation?, good sized bathroom? Some details would be much appreciated.

I think that your 2 sons will love this room. I have attached pictures of the room for you to look at. One thing that this room does not have is a couch. That didn't bother me, but it might not suit some people.

I think that your 2 sons will love this room. I have attached pictures of the room for you to look at. One thing that this room does not have is a couch. That didn't bother me, but it might not suit some people.

You mentioned pics of the room but i don't see any. Can you possibly try and post them again. thanks!

Archived