Rhapsody- Movie theater and room dvds and other secrets

Does Rhapsody have a movie theater? Do they have a dvd player in balcony rooms? I heard somewhere that they have a library of dvds that you can check out? True?

THOSE WHO HAVE SAILED RHAPSODY- share your SECRETS!!!! What did you do or find that isnt normally stated??

There is no DVD player in the balcony rooms. The GS, OS, RFS, and RS suites all have DVD players. There is a DVD library for those rooms to check out. I'm not sure if it would be available to other passengers.

I always take my laptop with me on cruises plus a half-doz or so movies (DVDs). Many an evening not wanting to take part in whatever was planned, I'd go back to my cabin, plop myself on the bed with my laptop on my tummy & watched a couple movies.

1) DVD library is VERY limited... bring your own movies (a CD case works great - you don't need the jewel case and this will take up hardly any room in your suitcase or laptop case)

2) QUIET AREA: Best place to read during the daytime is up in the Viking Crown Lounge overlooking the pool area. You have an incredible view of the ship and sea, windows are tinted so you don't have to wear sunglasses. Area is Air Conditioned and seats are comfortable. Restrooms are just an elevator ride down 1 floor

3) Bring your own reading material - the library also doubles as the "cigar club" so is very stinky if you are not a smoker (or better yet - download plenty of podcasts or books on your iPod!)

4) If you have kids and want to play board games in your room bring your own. Unlike Carnival you can not check out games from the "game room"

5) Use ROOM SERVICE (and be sure to tip at least a couple of dollars every time) - we loved having our before bed "cookie of the day" plate delivered every evening

We adore the Rhapsody - great little ship. Hope she holds up as well after moving to New Orleans for the winter.

We cruised on the Rhapsody in December of 2003 and are cruising on her again this September...I have cruised several lines and ships, but my favorite thing about the Rhapsody is that it has so many wonderful areas to sit and see the ocean...Lots of great views from this ship! I have to say on our first cruise the entertainment was outstanding! In fact, the best we have ever experienced...I think you will love her! HAve a great cruise..:)

I have found they always have great movies showing on the TV. I have seen many movies that way, even before they came out on DVD, but avoid the PPV movies, at 13 dollars a pop it is a bit overpriced. I dont spend a lot of time in my cabin so usually watch late at night or while Im getting ready for dinner.

When the Windjammer opens for lunch, wait a bit, the lines will be long, guess everyone is afraid they might miss a meal or something, give it about an hour or so and the line is gone, you waltz right in, food is still all there, surprise!. You can also get a burger or hotdog in the solarium, they have a nice little salad bar there too. It is small but works for me for a light lunch.

This is my favorite ship, in case you didnt notice. After so many times I mostly go to hang out with friends, relax, visit with crew members I know etc.

Archived