Solo Shore Ideas -Eastern Carib Valor

I have booked the Valor by myself July 17

Got a Cat 1A assigned 1212 portholes (don't know much more than that)

Going to Nassau, St Thomas, St Marten

Any suggestions of excursions or shore activities would be appreciated.

I am a real estate broke and I am looking to chill out, which is why I decided to go alone...not in the modd for worrying about anybody else and what they want to do...this time its "all about me" lol

I love the beach, sailling, snorkling, shopping.

Thought about grabbing a cab to the French side in St Marten and getting a massage on the beach, eat at a cool place on the beach and enjoy a few cocktails while enjoying the fresh air and gorgeous beach.

St Thomas I am thinking the sailing trip to snorkel Buck Island. Did that a few years ago on my first "Singles Cruise" (thats another story lol) Snorkling with the sea turtles was amazing.

Nassau no plan but to walk into town maybe buy a nice "knock off bag" find a local place for a Kalik and a bite and maybe walk to the beach for a couple hours of sun BUT I've been there so many times I could end up staying on board and having the ship to myself.

(Did I mention I have cruised alot lol) The solo thing is due to divorce.

Soooo any great ides for a young 50 something female reinventing herself would be greatly appreciated.

20days .... yes!

Hi LibraByTheSea,

Did the solo Valor trip this past April. I was in a 1A (2462) as well.

You will adore this ship.

In St Maarten, I booked a Jeep excursion through the ship. That's the only decision I regret making. Next time, I would go directly to Orient Beach and stay there for the day. It truly is one of the nicest beach.

Try the roll call as it will give you the opportunity to meet people prior to sailing. I made some amazing friends that way. Actually, spent the day in St-Thomas with some people that I met through the roll call.

In Nassau, did the Party Boat excursion. It was a nice boat ride.

If you want to be with people. Choose a big table for Supper. They usually pair you with other singles. My table of 8 became my social buddies at night.

I love cruising solo as it gives me the opportunity to spend some time by myself, but if I want to be with people, there's always the friends that you've made at dinner or on these chat lines.

Enjoy your cruise.

Joanne

Archived