QM2 New England Oct 12, 2006

Cruise Lover Kathy

We will be on board the Queen Mary 2 for the third time for the October 12-24, New England/Canada cruise with all of you Cruise Critic people.

Our first cruise on the QM2 was in Sept. 2004, for the maiden voyage to Canada/New England. It was a great cruise because of all the receptions in each port.

Our second cruise was in Dec. 2005, for a twelve day roundtrip cruise from NYC to the Caribbean. The QM2 was decorated for Christmas and looked beautiful.

We are booked in the same cabin as the two previous cruises. It is on Deck Four starboard near the C elevators/stairways. The cabin has a hull/shelterd balcony. We will be dinning in the Britannia Restaurnant at the first sitting.

This will be our thirteenth cruise with Cunard, seven of which were on the Queen Elizabeth 2 and two on the former Vistafjord/Caronia.

All of you must be aware that on Oct. 12, the QM2 will not be in Red Hook, Brooklyn at the new terminal but at Bayonne, New Jersey, also a new terminal. There is a large thread about it on these boards.

If any of you have some questions about the QM2, we will be willing to help you if we can.

Hope we can all have a get together sometime during the cruise.

Till then......Loretta and Terrence (Terry)

Terry, check with your TA about which port your cruise will depart. It is my understanding that although the prior cruise will debark in Bayonne, your cruise will embark in Red Hook. Again check with your TA.

:cool: :cool:

This is the reason I bought transfers from Cunard. I don't have to worry about where the ship will be departing or arriving from.

Welcome Loretta and Terry

Hello again,

We just got off the phone with a representative from Cunard World Club out there in California. She had to investigate first, but she said that the Queen Mary 2 will be arriving and departing in Red Hook, Brooklyn, on October 12.

Let's hope that they all got it right in the Cunard/Princess headquarters. We think it is best that all of us keep in touch with Cunard or our travel agents about this matter. Our travel agent is with AAA of NY, she has booked all of our cruises with Cunard since 1993.

By the way, this will be our 12th cruise with Cunard not number 13 as was posted earlier. We are already planning for the next one, so we can book on board, that one will be number 13.

Till next time..........Loretta and Terrence (Terry)

P.S. Terry is the author of these messages

Terry, the interesting thing about all of this is that the September 30 cruise is to disembark in Bayonne on October 12 and your cruise is to embark in Red Hook on October 12. If this is indeed true, I suppose the ship will disembark and then move before embarkation. It sounds complicated to me. We have friends who are on the September 30 cruise, so we are trying to keep them updated on everything. I agree, we all need to keep questioning Cunard and TAs about this unusual situation. Please post if anyone has any more information.

I had to talk to myTA Wed. 6/28 to finalize my payments (THis cruise is going to happen!) and asked her about QM2 docking. She checked again and said that the ship will dock on the crossing leg and depart for ours at Red Hook. I did tell her what the postings have said and she said that since Red Hoook is new and much nicer than the others she is pretty sure that ships will be using it a lot more now. She will double check later so we now have a lot of TAs on the lookout for us.

Terry, any specific tips you would pass on to us first timers? Any little ins or outs that will make things easier? Remember that I am in Brittania class...

Later

Hi Kathy,

If you give me some specific questions, I will be more than glad to answer them if I know the answer. I am very familiar with the layout of the QM2 and what goes on while on board.

What deck is your cabin and what sitting in the Britannia Restaurant?

My wife, Loretta, and I enjoy being on the QM2 as we did the QE2. One of our favorite places on the QM2 is the Winter Garden on Deck Seven between Canyon Ranch Spa and Kings Court. It is a beautiful and relaxing place to be after dinner or after a show in the Royal Court Theater, especially, when there is a singing piano player there playing on the acrylic white piano.There is also bar service there. When there is no music, then you can listen to the water fall and the chirping of birds. When you finish here, then you can exit out to the open deck to enjoy the outside view from Deck Seven, the promenade deck.

Terry

Archived