Tickitaly - Any use them to book tours before?

I'm trying to get tickets for the Secret Itinerary tour (since the official website states they have no more). Is it safe to use other ticket offices? Tickitaly (tickitaly.com) is asking for credit card info. Has anyone used this ticket office or any other that can be trusted? Or should I just forget about the Secret Itinerary and enjoy a simple tour of the Doge's Palace? Thanks!

I don't know about that company but we used www.goporta.com for our Papal Audience tickets and were very happy with them. We did have to pay via credit card in advance but we got an e-mail receipt from the payment processing company (which happened to be in the US) and an e-mail receipt from goporta with instructions for picking up the tickets within minutes. Everything was as they said it would be and I would definitely recommend them, especially since you've already tried to book them directly with the Doge's Palace.

I used goporta last year for the Vatican Museums tour, and was very satisfied. I haven't used Tickitaly, but I've read where people were satisfied with them also. As long as the url starts with "https:" and there is a little padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen when you input your CC info, you should be okay.

We recently booked the Secret Itinerary tour with http://selectitaly.com/. They also asked for our credit card no., and based on some reviews and on the CC boards, we decided to take a chance. We also heard that we should book the tour early in the morning because of the hot weather. Good luck getting tickets. I'm sure you're looking forward to this tour as much as we are!

We used selectitaly.com last year for tickets. They are recommended in Frommers. They are located in the US. The company works like Ticketmaster. They ask for your credit card but we had no problems. There is a service fee and sometimes it is pretty high. We felt it was worth it because we went right in the Uffzi ahead of several hundred people.

Archived