Email from RCCL Excursions Desk about availability

I had emailed RCCL's excursion desk recently to find out when we would be able to book our tours for our cruise on October 1st. I know that the sailing the week right before ours has had theirs available for booking for months now. Apparently though, the "season" runs from October 1 through Sept. 30. Of course, previously, someone from RCCL had told me they would be available the middle of July, but now it's looking more like August. Anyway, just wanted to pass this along in case there are others who are booked after October 1st who are wondering why they can't book any excursions. Here's their reply:

Greetings Jane,

Too early in the season as the tours, allotment and departures have not yet been established. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. Kindly note that, the tours and pricing for the Caribbean is seasonal - and operate as winter to summer. Brochures for winter 2006 - summer 2007 sailings are not available. Kindly note, that there is no separate shore excursion brochure pamphlet. This information is contained within the Guest Vacation Document. Please open the cruise ticket upon receipt to the table of contents and there will be an item named SHORE EXCURSION INFORMATION and the page to turn to for access to it.

However, most guests prefer to have something rather than nothing at all to reference as a guide. The shore excursions are shown online through the "BROWSE OPTION". The guest may review our winter 2005 - summer 2006 Caribbean information, which became effective as of October 1, 2005 and expires on September 30. 2006. We update a few months prior and operate tours and prices effective as of October 1st. The guest will have the opportunity to pre-book tours through the online "PURCHASE OPTION” on the website with current pricing sometime around the first or second week of August 2006. Please try back then.

Enjoy your cruise and tours!

Shore Excursions & Explorations!

Thank you.

It makes me wonder if they really know what they are talking about sometimes. I was able to book an excursion a couple of days ago and my cruise isn't until December 06. It has been charged to my credit card and I received a confirmation e-mail as well.

Figures...LOL! I just went to the site to check it and some of our ports are back up as available again. We don't have all the ports available, and there are very few excursions so far in the ports, but that's better than being told we can't book any at all! Now if they'll just put the excursion up that I WANT, all will be right with the world. :D

Yeah, they definately don't have all of them listed yet. There are 20 excursions for Jamaica, 6 for Cozumel and nothing for Grand Cayman or Labadee. The one I wanted to book early was the Original Canopy Tour in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I was able to book that, so the others can wait until the site is fully functional!

Glad to see it's not just me. I'm trying to browse excursions for our 10/31 repo on the Jewel and the only port they have excursions for is Bermuda, our first stop. If I click on any of the other ports on the drop down menu I get a message about "nothing available".

It seems to me that in previous years I was able to purchase excursions several months in advance, so they were charged on my cc and paid for by the time we boarded the ship. Maybe they've had too many people book and cancel, book and cancel, so they've delayed opening them up for booking. But they could at least list our other ports so we could browse!

They have been working on the shore excursion section of the website for awhile. The same thing happened when they updated the "My Cruises" section. They have a habit of doing their upgrades and testing during normal business hours. Give it some time, maybe days, and it will be all good without any downtime.

In the meantime, just try to catch the site when it's up & book quickly. :p

As far as options available, they didn't have any available for San Juan, then they did, then they didn't, so forth and so on, now it's there and has been for a few days.

The one I wanted to book early was the Original Canopy Tour in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I was able to book that, so the others can wait until the site is fully functional!

Bobbigrl, THAT'S the one I want to book in Montego Bay! And of course it's one of the ones that is not showing up.:mad: One of the RCCL reps on the phone actually told me, "Maybe it's just not available for your cruise." I'm sure it is though, because the cruise the week right before us was able to book it and I can't imagine them just stopping that tour all of a sudden when it's so popular!

Bobbigrl, THAT'S the one I want to book in Montego Bay! And of course it's one of the ones that is not showing up.:mad: One of the RCCL reps on the phone actually told me, "Maybe it's just not available for your cruise." I'm sure it is though, because the cruise the week right before us was able to book it and I can't imagine them just stopping that tour all of a sudden when it's so popular!

I'm sure they will continue to offer this excursion. From what I hear, it is very popular and sells out quickly! If I were you, I would just disregard what customer service says and just keep checking every day. It probably just has something to do with them still working on the site.

Archived