newbie question

:o sorry if this has been posted but, i just went to the travel agent looking to book my cruise for 2007 and i asked if the price goes down can i get that price or a credit she was on the phone to rccl and they said no.... hmm i thought you could i would ring them myself but iam in australia and its will cost alot and i sent them an email two weeks ago and still haven't answered me any info would be great

thanks guys.

RCCL has always honored the lower prices as long as you contact them or your TA contacts them for the lower prices. On one cruise we saved over $1,000. by just staying on top of the prices. We had seven cabins and there was never a problem getting the discount.

:o sorry if this has been posted but, i just went to the travel agent looking to book my cruise for 2007 and i asked if the price goes down can i get that price or a credit she was on the phone to rccl and they said no.... hmm i thought you could i would ring them myself but iam in australia and its will cost alot and i sent them an email two weeks ago and still haven't answered me any info would be great

thanks guys.

TA's dont get as much of a comission from RCCL. Your TA is trying to hold on to as much $$ as s/he can.

Price drops are ALWAYS honored in the customers favor by RCCL. Keep sending them emails or pick up the phone and call them for verification. Once you get that verified call your TA and let them know.

IF they refuse to honor standard RCCL policy then consider rebooking directly with RCCL where you will have zero hassle on standard policy items, such as this.

You may want to investigate cancellation fees and name change fees with your TA. There should be NO charge for a name change, as per RCCL policy, and a cancellation fee is applied at the discretion of your TA, not per RCCL.

These types of questions get posted all the time and all the TAs are really doing is shooting themselves in the foot as customers find out they have been lied to and/or had extra fees imposed on them, and cancel their bookings....

I had a travelocity TA who swore that, since I booked through travelocity and was already getting a group booking discount, I couldnt apply my personal C&A discount. It took 2 phone calls to RCCL and 3 phone calls to the travelocity TA before she finally relented, "pretended" to be surprised at the information I was told, and applied the coupon... (she realized that I wasnt backing down)

Let's amend this a bit. They absolutely do for American customers or those who book through the American site. It seems to me that some of our British cruisers who book through the British site have said that they cannot get the price match because of either British law or RCCL regs...can't remember which.

As you are in Australia, probably the only people who can answer are some of your fellow country-folk who have been in the "same boat".

I have just got a price drop discount this morning, my TA said, not sure whether we can do that, I told them you definately can, so eventually she rang and sure enough the 50 pounds sterling each person was deducted. Must say, though if you have booked through a TA you must go through them, RCCL and Celebrity will only accept it from them as it effects the TA's commission, I actually got 47 pounds each reduction after the TA's commission had been reduced.

I have just got a price drop discount this morning, my TA said, not sure whether we can do that, I told them you definately can, so eventually she rang and sure enough the 50 pounds sterling each person was deducted. Must say, though if you have booked through a TA you must go through them, RCCL and Celebrity will only accept it from them as it effects the TA's commission, I actually got 47 pounds each reduction after the TA's commission had been reduced.

Actually, as I understand it, RCCL will only speak to a TA about your booking if you used a TA to book - that's standard policy. If you book then they will happily speak with you about your booking. From what I understand, RCI doesnt care one way or the other that a proce reduction it affects TA comission, they will give you the discount - you just have to have TA call and ask, since you used a TA to book.

Actually, as I understand it, RCCL will only speak to a TA about your booking if you used a TA to book - that's standard policy. If you book then they will happily speak with you about your booking. From what I understand, RCI doesnt care one way or the other that a proce reduction it affects TA comission, they will give you the discount - you just have to have TA call and ask, since you used a TA to book.

This was booked whilst on a cruise but because RCL then pass the booking over to your TA, RCL have been classing it as a TA booking. Still the outcome is what I wanted, so I am happy.

gabberqueen :D

If I was you...I would take a trip if possible to a local TA and pick up a RCCI brochure..and look in the fine print to see what the rules are for bookings made in Australia.

That is what alot of us from the UK had to do recently...as we were being told by many TAs here that we wouldnt get a price drop refund....but now we know differently ;)

There are so many different rules for different countries with regard cancellations,changes,refunds,deposits...it is time RCCI made it all the same for everyone.....and hopefully one day soon they will do that.

After all they are sending more and more of their ships to different parts of the world.

Good luck

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

thanks alot guys you are all best!!! i told her about this and yeah she said once you book it that's final and im was like hmmmmmmm ok thanks heaps ill go sort this out tomorrow also... im going put down what she quoted me and my husband for the cruise iam quite confused as how she got these prices as we went and done some research our selves and gosh we save ourselfs like 500 dollars just buy going to book it though rccl's website:eek: ok ill show u what she quoted me ok here it goes

radiance of the seas 20th of july sdouthbound

"Q" category deck 2 or 3

aud $1516pp

that includes taxes and tips but when we did it on the net on the rccl's website the tax is cheaper and we even done a quote on a better deck and we converted it to aus dollars ack cant find the paper with the price but you get what i mean it was way cheaper hmmmm.

Looks like the TA still witheld 3 quid each, so he or she didn't loose out on her commission!! RCL deducted 50 each and you should have got 50 each.

Where in Lincolnshire are you, my parents live in Heckington nr Sleaford and we live in Melbourne Fl.

Looks like the TA still witheld 3 quid each, so he or she didn't loose out on her commission!! RCL deducted 50 each and you should have got 50 each.

Where in Lincolnshire are you, my parents live in Heckington nr Sleaford and we live in Melbourne Fl.

Spooky, we live near to your parents then in the Summer, (Anwick, same distance from Sleaford but east) and we don't live too far from you in the winter, (Kissimmee, 10 minutes from Animal Kingdom).

The reduction is correct, because I get an extra 8% discount from my TA so the 8% has to be deducted from the reduction.

Archived