HELP PLEASE! This is my dress

TinkyPatz

515234_hi?wid=199

It's for formal night. I'm not really a dress/heels kinda girl, and I've always dressed kinda gothic (mind you nothing with chains and all those embelishments), I just really like the corsets and victorian necklaces (i'm 22). Sooo, with that dress, and black heels what color accessories should I wear? I was thinking either pink or black, but should they be big and over the top to enhance the simpleness of the dress or just simple and delicate?

Where is there pink? All I see is white..... hmmm maybe THAT is the pink?

My color must be off.:rolleyes:

Haha probably.

This is the description: Flirty strapless dress is black satin with a jacquard print on top, split front with pink satin and tulle underlay and a pink satin waist with a black floral pin.

I'd actually go with a jewel tone like a Blood/Ruby clutch or hair pins. Perhaps a long strand of pearls worn draped down the back instead of the front. I think someone did this for Oscars once.

That seems like classy goth to me :)

I would focus on the earrings OR the necklace. If you go with elegant, fun dangling earrings than I personally wouldnt wear a necklace, or perhaps a very very simple, again, elegant one.

Or....if you are more of a neckalce person have fun with that, maybe wear a couple different ones at the same time and then go with a simple "diamond" stud, pearl, etc.

Have fun!

M.

I would not wear a necklace. How about beautiful Austrian crystal dangling cluster earrings. More than just a one strand drop. You can get the fake ones that look so real and they will pick up the pink, as well as adding some real dressy pazzaz to your black. Dress looks great on you!!!! gg

SO many choices! Well i definitely think you guys are right and i should focus on one or the other. I've decided on the earrings. I hadn't even thought of Australian crystal (thank you gg!) and I love dangling earrings. Here are some I like, what do you think?

b1_1.JPG

earcrystaldanglebutterfly.jpg

earmarsdropclear1.jpg

c4_1_b.JPG

Should I wear a necklace with any of those? Are they appropriate?

Also what about the clutch, what color do you think it should be?

Thank you all, this is definitely a gigantic help!

btw, I'm not the girl in the picture but I'll post some of me in the dress from the cruise so you can see if everything turned out nice ::crosses fingers::

MMMM... I like # 3 the best I think.

#1, maybe not dressy enough

#2 The irradescent might clash

#3 Hopefully will pink up the subtle pink tones

#4 Maybe too pink?

Again, hard for me to judge b/c it looks white or pale pink to me. Given the description, it sounds like there is a lot going on already with the dress, I don't think you need any busy pieces.

I agree with gg3, clear crystal might be your best bet.I really think all you need is a sparkle.The dress has contrasting colors, & different fabrics you don't want to overdo it.

MMMM... I like # 3 the best I think.

#1, maybe not dressy enough

#2 The irradescent might clash

#3 Hopefully will pink up the subtle pink tones

#4 Maybe too pink?

Again, hard for me to judge b/c it looks white or pale pink to me. Given the description, it sounds like there is a lot going on already with the dress, I don't think you need any busy pieces.

I agree with gg3, clear crystal might be your best bet.I really think all you need is a sparkle.The dress has contrasting colors, & different fabrics you don't want to overdo it.

Yeah, i think you're right about just needing a sparkle. See, this are the things that never cross my mind. Thanks a MILLION! :D

Tink - definitely #3 or #4 - since they are the ones that will make the biggest splash - they just exude elegance and fashion. You go girl. Here's to one special formal night - may it be a night you will always remember as sooo special. gg

What color hair do you have? Is it dark? Is it long? If so, the first earrings - the black - may get "lost" so the rhinestone/crystal would look better, IMHO.

If you're going to wear your hair up, I like the black earrings.

A pink or black clutch bag would work - just make sure it's the same pink!

If you like to look a bit edgier - wear black heels with black fishnets, if you have nice legs.

Jane

What color hair do you have? Is it dark? Is it long? If so, the first earrings - the black - may get "lost" so the rhinestone/crystal would look better, IMHO.

If you're going to wear your hair up, I like the black earrings.

A pink or black clutch bag would work - just make sure it's the same pink!

If you like to look a bit edgier - wear black heels with black fishnets, if you have nice legs.

Jane

Pink clutch bag: check.

My hair is a very light brown, but I am wearing part of my hair down so I think they would get lost. I'm definitely choosing #3. What kind of necklace would go with those, if any?

HeavySurf: I love 'em too, that's why I couldn't make up my mind. I think i'm gonna buy them anyways for some other special occasion :D. I found them on ebay!

That might work! Is it really long or is it just the pic?

I dislike purses that resemble foot long hot dogs!! I do like the color though.;) Will it match the pink in the dress?Do you have the dress, or waiting for it to ship?

Haha, it IS really long but I kinda like it, it reminds me of this one episode on Sex and the City where Carrie had a similar one (in another color). And I'm waiting for the dress to ship but I actually saw it in the store.

515234_hi?wid=199

It's for formal night. I'm not really a dress/heels kinda girl, and I've always dressed kinda gothic (mind you nothing with chains and all those embelishments), I just really like the corsets and victorian necklaces (i'm 22). Sooo, with that dress, and black heels what color accessories should I wear? I was thinking either pink or black, but should they be big and over the top to enhance the simpleness of the dress or just simple and delicate?

I think the dress is attractive but it does lind of emphasise the hips. So I guess it depnds on how it looks on you-was that you? If that was you in the picture another style may look better.

but then again most men like the hips, it is us gals who want to hide them!

Bag the necklace, go with the wonderful shoulder duster earrings others have posted. As for the purse. You love gothic stuff so go out there and haunt local thrift stores and second hand places for a pink clutch from the 60's. It would be very you and a real find for the future.

If you are going with the #3 earrings, then do not wear a necklace. You do not want to be too jewelry-heavy. You are bearing your shoulders for a reason...;) Maybe a bit of sparkle on your wrist would look nice, too.

I like Jane110's idea about the fishnets with the black heels if you want to be edgier. You can look really nice and stay true to yourself. Nliedel's idea about the handbag is a great idea, too.

Have a great time!

Archived