Dancing on the Oosterdam?

Cerinda

Would one of you experienced cruisers please enlighten me?

Which of the lounges feature live music and a dance floor? Which dance styles? At what hours? Would you please say something about the Northern Lights disco?

We're nuts about ballroom, latin, and swing; but we grew up on rock 'n' roll and reggae, so we love to dance to them, too. We also like some current pop styles, just not 80s disco!

Should we bring our dancing shoes?

I'm interested in the same information. But more specifically, is there a ballroom dance venue on the Vista Class ships where the dance floor is larger than a postage stamp? The Queens Room appears to be the only place. Is this where the ballroom dancers tend to hang out?

The Crow's Nest on the Oosterdam has a nice and fairly good sized dance floor. In March they had a combo playing a nice variety of music and we danced every night before and sometimes after dinner. The female vocalist was actually quiet good and did an outstanding job with Nora Jones songs. Can't comment on ballroom dancing or the Queens Room. Other than the disco (Northern Lights???) and the Crow's Nest I was not aware of any other place to dance.

Archived