Galveston Pre Cruise??

Just stayed at the Harbor House last week post cruise...on a Sunday evening. It was great! It was just a short walk from the ship terminal (maybe 2 blocks at most). We had 4 suitcases and did the walk just fine.

The room was very nice. It was very spacious with high ceilings, and it had everything you'd ever need (refridgerator, microwave, iron, hair dryer, coffee pot, big TV, and very comfortable bed).

We asked for and received the room on the upper corner facing the ship. What a view from the window! (Ask for room 202)

We stayed in this room for one night at a cost of $115. Very well worth it! Hope this helps!

We are sailing out of Galveston in January. Hotel Galvez or Harbor House, or??d it.

Personally, I love the Galvez. It's a beautiful, historic hotel. They do have a well-run shuttle to and from the pier. (They also have free cruise parking, but I doubt you are driving from California!) Would love to stay at the Galvez again this trip, but we'll be in Galveston at Dickens on the Strand weekend (12-2-06) and they require a two-night reservation that weekend.

Galveston is quite an interesting city, and I know you'll enjoy it, wherever you stay.

Becky

Beckntom

Will you by any chance be cruising on the Conquest on December 3rd? If so come join our roll call.

Oops, sorry! Just now seeing this. No, we are sailing on the Grand on December 2nd (with a B2B on the 9th), but thanks for the kind invite! I'm sure we'll all have wonderful trips, no matter which cruiseline we sail.

To Chris2597 . . Yes, the parking at the Galvez is covered. Hard to beat that deal.

Michael Kays . . In addition to the Harbor House (to answer your "on the opposite side of the island" question), you might check out the Tremont, which is another beautiful historic hotel and is right on the Strand.

To those of you not familiar with Galveston, just a reminder that it *is* an island and things are not all that far from each other, even if on "opposite" sides! Maybe not walking distance, but a short taxi ride should get you there.

Becky

Archived