Miracle - Front of Ship

TeacherJenn

Hi,

I am booked on the Miracle in August. We had a Balcony Guarantee. They assigned us room 8101 and my in-laws 8105. We are at the front of the ship. My father in-law is a bit concerned about being sea sick. I am bit concerned about being right next door.

Any info on these rooms would be great!

Jennifer

Jennifer: If the possibilty of seasickness why would you book a guarantee? booking guarantee you take the chance of being placed anywhere on the ship.

but if you dont get motion sickness at home i think your chances of getting sick on the ship are slim-

if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion whereever you are.

You are not on the very front-- you are behind the bridge.

you got an awesome upgrade.

for privacy do NOT get the dividers opened to the balcony to make it bigger.

I dont think its gonna be a big thing with the parents next door. (you wont be n the cabin all that much anyways.

Serene56.

Thank you for your quick reply. We did the guarantee with a $100 shipboard credit. It seemed like such a great deal.

I don't get motion sickness. My husband and father in-law both sail in SF Bay. My father in-law gets sea sick when they go out the gate, but their sailboat is not that big. So, we are hoping for the best. Thank you again for your response.

Jennifer

Jenn on the Miracle the only movement you will feel is on the Saturday, your last day at sea heading back up the channel and it will last until about late seating dinner time...

Enjoy the ship and it's ports...

We were assigned front of the ship on the Glory and I had read lots of posts about extra movement on her. Needless to say, I was a little concerned. We took bonine at nite and ginger pills in the morn. Also another at lunch if we felt we needed it. Talked to a lot who felt bad but we never had any trouble. We enjoyed the ship rocking us to sleep every nite. About the inlaws, do NOT let them open the balcony divider. You do need some time alone;)

I was on the Glory and the worst it ever got was a gentle rocking for about an hour near midnight one night, that really shouldn't upset ANYONE. That was in ten foot seas. I don't think they even deployed the stabilizers

These ships are very big and very stable and designed to remain that way under normal sea conditions. They won't rock much unless you get into fairly heavy weather conditions that last for a while and generate larger waves.

Seven foot seas seem to not move the ship around at all.

Chris

Serene56.

Thank you for your quick reply. We did the guarantee with a $100 shipboard credit. It seemed like such a great deal.

I don't get motion sickness. My husband and father in-law both sail in SF Bay. My father in-law gets sea sick when they go out the gate, but their sailboat is not that big. So, we are hoping for the best. Thank you again for your response.

Jennifer

I don't know about that exact location for your room, but for what it's worth, we just got back from the Miracle (6/18-24) and it was the smoothest cruise we've ever had (4 others). Several members of our family are prone to seasickenss but not once did we have to break out the bonine or wear wrist bands - I don't know but maybe its because the ship is so long - the spirit class shape of ship is different than any others. Its long and straight and narrow and very simple to find your way around. There is none of that "you have to go up to go down" lol. By the way we had a balcony on the 7th floor aft.

Jenn,

My son and I just returned from Miracle last week. We had an ocean view guarantee and were upgraded to a balcony cabin 8255, so we were on the same deck but aft. I am very prone to seasickness and was prepared with a multitude of remedies, but never needed to use any of them. The ship was very stable and 99% of the time I could not even feel any motion. Have a great time.

Archived