Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two:

If you wish to communicate with someone at Paradise Beach, please use e-mail. ANY post other than questions or comments (reviews) will be deleted.

Thank you for your cooperation.

How close is Paradise Beach to where the RCCL ships dock? We want to do some shopping but after that it would be nice to be able to quickly get to a beach for a couple of hours. Also, does it cost anything to go to Paradise Beach?

Short cab drive, depending on where you dock or tender. One is closer than the other.

You could easily do both beach and shop. Lots of cabs just waiting for passengers everywhere.

No fee for access to the beach, only if you want to use the toys.

Short cab drive, depending on where you dock or tender. One is closer than the other.
Fare is between $12 and $14, try to have exact change

No fee for access to the beach, only if you want to use the toys.
$8 per person for wrist bands to use the toys, which is optional, and if you use the facilities, you are expected to buy some food/drinks, but you were going to do that anyway, right?

Can anyone who has been to PB recently tell me if the Snuba is up and running? It was out of service when we were there in December post-hurricane Wilma. Anyone try it? Reviews? Thanks!

Sorry, not yet. It's been suspended indefinitely....

So looking forward to it. Will be me, dh, sons 7 and 9 and BIL/SIL and their girls, ages 8 and 12; all aboard the Holiday!!!!

We were set to visit last Oct but of course were cancelled due to Katrina...

If "anyone" should know a good time, what do you think is the best time to arrive????

Cannot wait to see lots of friendly faces! ;)

We arrived at PB around 10:30, as soon as we could tender off the ship. It was fabulous! We left at 3 pm to shop a little. It was not very crowded the whole time we were there. (Someone said PB was crowded but none of us felt that way! It was fun though!!) We hope to go back next year. Our man Manuel took fantastic care of us (all 13 of us!) on July 7th. Have fun. :)

So looking forward to it. Will be me, dh, sons 7 and 9 and BIL/SIL and their girls, ages 8 and 12; all aboard the Holiday!!!!

We were set to visit last Oct but of course were cancelled due to Katrina...

If "anyone" should know a good time, what do you think is the best time to arrive????

Cannot wait to see lots of friendly faces! ;)

The earlier the better or get here after about 2 pm when the AM "beach shift" has gone shopping! See you in October:)

Just returned from the Carnival Fascination and had a great time. Having cruised many times in the past, and having visited Cozumel many times, Paradise Beach is probably the best time we've had there.

We were fortunate enough to be on the 2nd tender off the ship (being Platinum Card Holders on Carnival helps) and took a van (there were 9 of us) for $30 to Paradise Beach. As soon as we got there we were welcomed with open arms and taken down to the beach. I asked if Tom was there, introduced myself to him and then proceeded down to the beach where we had our free lounges and umbrellas waiting for us.

The wrist band for $8 a child is worth soooooooooo much more than that (ssssssshhhhhh, don't tell them I said that cause they might raise the price!!!). I had 5 girls with me (4 16 year olds and a 12 year old), my husband, my parents and myself. They all had a great time. Right there in the Atlantic Ocean, the kids were able to climb the rock climbing huge iceberg on one side, then slide down it on the other, they climbed onto the trampoline a short swim away, jumping up and down on it before jumping back into the beach water. They were able to use the kayaks, the floats, the snorkel gear and just had an overall great time.. For $8. a kid to be kept busy the entire time we were there is a bargain.

The 4 older girls also went parasailing. I was quoted $55 per girl but I said, "How much for 4?" and they told me $200!!! This was probably the highlight of their cruise!!! They waited for weeks to go parasailing (3 of them had never been) and they just loved it.... If you want to go parasailing, just do it early because I did find out that they will/do travel from beach to beach so you have to get them while they are there. They were also renting jetskis but we didn't use them and I didn't find out how much. There was also a place for massages, hair braiding and temporary henna tatoos.

The food/drink bill came out to about $2,000 PESOS!!!! (approximately $180 US Dollars) and we all had a full meal, i.e, chicken tenders with french fries, a hamburger with french fries, nachos, chicken quesidillas (sp) plus soda PLUS my husband had 2 SOL beers and we also had 4 drinks!!! Definitely worth it..

Next time we visit Cozumel, Paradise Beach is #1 on my list. The place was clean (even the bathrooms!!), the staff was very friendly and not pushy at all which we really appreciated and Tom is a doll... I even caught him on his laptop reading Cruise Critic!!!

If anyone has any questions, please ask. I honestly found nothing bad about Paradise Beach and would highly recommend it as the beach on Cozumel to go to... Oh, and even through there were lots of people on the beach, it didn't feel crowded at all... Thanks for helping make my daughter's "Sweet 16 Cruise" a great one.

Elaine :)

07/10/2006 Carnival Fascination Western

03/17/2006 Costa Magic Eastern (never ever again Costa)

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean

10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean

10/94 Dolphin IV

11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration

11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale

Elaine,

So glad to hear you loved Paradise Beach. We are going there in 2 weeks on RCCL Mariner of the Seas. When you got off the ship, were there a lot of taxis waiting and was it easy to get transportation back to the ship?

Also, was the parasailing done one person at a time? We did this in Cancun once and 3 of us were together in a big, deep seat.

How far is Paradise Beach from the ship?

Thanks for the help.

Jen

and the steak quesadillas were awesome. We did not have time for a real snorkal trip but I did use the beaches gear to swim around the statues and some of the small reefs and had a blast. The taxi drive was $12.00 each way. We had a marvelous day all in all. Here are a few pics from there if your interested

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/garysol1/cruise/?start=all

Was there still a rocky entrance to the water? We were there last August and really hated that. We had talked about going back to Chankanaab this year but heard it's not really up to par yet. Thinking about going back to Paradise but hated the rocks.

Elaine,

So glad to hear you loved Paradise Beach. We are going there in 2 weeks on RCCL Mariner of the Seas. When you got off the ship, were there a lot of taxis waiting and was it easy to get transportation back to the ship?

Also, was the parasailing done one person at a time? We did this in Cancun once and 3 of us were together in a big, deep seat.

How far is Paradise Beach from the ship?

Thanks for the help.

Jen

You will never ever lack for a taxi....they're everywhere!!! And yes, the same thing going back to the ship.... the taxis were right outside waiting for you.

I don't know about 3 on a parasail but the girls went two (2) each on them. My daughter didn't think there would be room for a 3rd person but she isn't certain of it.

Paradise Beach was about a 10 minute drive right along the water.

P.S. Jen, if/when you go can you please tell Tom that I said "Hi"!!! Thnx

Was there still a rocky entrance to the water? We were there last August and really hated that. We had talked about going back to Chankanaab this year but heard it's not really up to par yet. Thinking about going back to Paradise but hated the rocks.

If you enter the beach water more towards the right side, almost equal to the iceberg there was a little bit of rocks but not alot. There was definitely more rocks to the left but once you enter the water, it was fine and clear, no problem at all.

Hi there Excited Cruiser. I notice that you have been to both Paradise Beach as well as Chankanaab. Chankanaab sounds like a fun way to get a little feel for the culture of the island. Do you think that my 8 year old would enjoy it there? I also noticed that the snorkeling is supposed to be better there. I would love to spend a few hours there and then bounce over to Paradisce Beach. What do you think?

Our group of 13 was there on 7-7. We had a group of 13 --ages 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 46, 49, 49, 50.

We arrived around 10:30 and the area was immaculate. (We saw hurricane damaged trees on the way, but PB groups were beautiful) Our van driver found a server, Manuel, who immediately found us 13 chairs together in a great s pot, and opened the umbrellas, and even added 2 extra umbrellas since some of us are so fair skinned! He took care of all 13 of us eating and drinking the whole day.

The food was very reasonable---about what you would pay at an Applebee's or Chilis here in KC. A bucket a beer (5) was $14. Margaritas were about $4.25. They even made some virgin miami vice drinks for our younger kids and only charged us half price! We had steak and chicken Quesidillas, chips and salsa, ribs, and some of my boys had the big fish combo platter! (Conch and octopus) Everything was great!

The area behind, and on the actual beach, has a restuarant, (but you can eat on the beach by ordering from your waiter), bar, and a small gift shop of clothers and jewelry. On one side of the beach you have the hair braiding and massage stations and on the othe other side a trampoline bungy jump.(fee for all of these)

For $8,, PB will give you a braclet to play on all of their toys in the water which includes an iceburg to climb and jump off of, a trampoline, blue float to loung on and tethered blue inflatables to lay on, or as our kids did, play king of the hill on. Also free are kayaks and snorkel gear. There is a snorkeling tour you can purchase right there, parasailing, and jet ski for a fee.

Bathrooms are spotless, as is the shower area.

We loved this area and hope to come back next year. You will have a BLAST!

Has anyone done the snorkel tour from the PB pier lately? Seems like a good way to combine a nice beach area with some offshore snorkeling. Otherwise, we are thinking of spending the day at Chankanaab Park.

Has anyone done the snorkel tour from the PB pier lately? Seems like a good way to combine a nice beach area with some offshore snorkeling. Otherwise, we are thinking of spending the day at Chankanaab Park.

I did not do the snorkel tour at PB, but it looks like a lot of fun. I saw the catamaran as they were readying it for the tour. I can tell you that the tour is 2 hours and departs the dock at 12:30. PB is great fun!

Ok, looks like Paradise Beach has a new feature...

They have a snokel catamaran that they run....

Anyway...anyone done this? How crowded, how good is the snorkeling?

We know that you can snokel off shore, but I am NOT a good swimmer, and prefer a boat to get me out where I need to go. I've checked with other operators, and they are all priced about the same. We had planned on going to Paradise Beach and this makes it much more convenient.

Thanks!

Stef

Just returned from the Carnival Fascination and had a great time. Having cruised many times in the past, and having visited Cozumel many times, Paradise Beach is probably the best time we've had there.

We were fortunate enough to be on the 2nd tender off the ship (being Platinum Card Holders on Carnival helps) and took a van (there were 9 of us) for $30 to Paradise Beach. As soon as we got there we were welcomed with open arms and taken down to the beach. I asked if Tom was there, introduced myself to him and then proceeded down to the beach where we had our free lounges and umbrellas waiting for us.

The wrist band for $8 a child is worth soooooooooo much more than that (ssssssshhhhhh, don't tell them I said that cause they might raise the price!!!). I had 5 girls with me (4 16 year olds and a 12 year old), my husband, my parents and myself. They all had a great time. Right there in the Atlantic Ocean, the kids were able to climb the rock climbing huge iceberg on one side, then slide down it on the other, they climbed onto the trampoline a short swim away, jumping up and down on it before jumping back into the beach water. They were able to use the kayaks, the floats, the snorkel gear and just had an overall great time.. For $8. a kid to be kept busy the entire time we were there is a bargain.

The 4 older girls also went parasailing. I was quoted $55 per girl but I said, "How much for 4?" and they told me $200!!! This was probably the highlight of their cruise!!! They waited for weeks to go parasailing (3 of them had never been) and they just loved it.... If you want to go parasailing, just do it early because I did find out that they will/do travel from beach to beach so you have to get them while they are there. They were also renting jetskis but we didn't use them and I didn't find out how much. There was also a place for massages, hair braiding and temporary henna tatoos.

The food/drink bill came out to about $2,000 PESOS!!!! (approximately $180 US Dollars) and we all had a full meal, i.e, chicken tenders with french fries, a hamburger with french fries, nachos, chicken quesidillas (sp) plus soda PLUS my husband had 2 SOL beers and we also had 4 drinks!!! Definitely worth it..

Next time we visit Cozumel, Paradise Beach is #1 on my list. The place was clean (even the bathrooms!!), the staff was very friendly and not pushy at all which we really appreciated and Tom is a doll... I even caught him on his laptop reading Cruise Critic!!!

If anyone has any questions, please ask. I honestly found nothing bad about Paradise Beach and would highly recommend it as the beach on Cozumel to go to... Oh, and even through there were lots of people on the beach, it didn't feel crowded at all... Thanks for helping make my daughter's "Sweet 16 Cruise" a great one.

07/10/2006 Carnival Fascination Western

03/17/2006 Costa Magic Eastern (never ever again Costa)

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean

10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean

10/94 Dolphin IV

11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration

11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale

Thank You!!!!!!!!!

Our group of 13 was there on 7-7. We had a group of 13 --ages 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 46, 49, 49, 50.

We arrived around 10:30 and the area was immaculate. (We saw hurricane damaged trees on the way, but PB groups were beautiful) Our van driver found a server, Manuel, who immediately found us 13 chairs together in a great s pot, and opened the umbrellas, and even added 2 extra umbrellas since some of us are so fair skinned! He took care of all 13 of us eating and drinking the whole day.

The food was very reasonable---about what you would pay at an Applebee's or Chilis here in KC. A bucket a beer (5) was $14. Margaritas were about $4.25. They even made some virgin miami vice drinks for our younger kids and only charged us half price! We had steak and chicken Quesidillas, chips and salsa, ribs, and some of my boys had the big fish combo platter! (Conch and octopus) Everything was great!

The area behind, and on the actual beach, has a restuarant, (but you can eat on the beach by ordering from your waiter), bar, and a small gift shop of clothers and jewelry. On one side of the beach you have the hair braiding and massage stations and on the othe other side a trampoline bungy jump.(fee for all of these)

For $8,, PB will give you a braclet to play on all of their toys in the water which includes an iceburg to climb and jump off of, a trampoline, blue float to loung on and tethered blue inflatables to lay on, or as our kids did, play king of the hill on. Also free are kayaks and snorkel gear. There is a snorkeling tour you can purchase right there, parasailing, and jet ski for a fee.

Bathrooms are spotless, as is the shower area.

We loved this area and hope to come back next year. You will have a BLAST!

Thank You!!!!!!!!!

Archived