Need some help filling our Passport form

mafiadon

I really hate to put this out there but my husband is trying to fill out his form for his passport and the part about your parents info. he does not know who his father is and it is not on his birth certificate what do I put there or do I just leave it blank. Do you think this will cause a problem as I know he is not the only person not to know who his father is. Linda

I really hate to put this out there but my husband is trying to fill out his form for his passport and the part about your parents info. he does not know who his father is and it is not on his birth certificate what do I put there or do I just leave it blank. Do you think this will cause a problem as I know he is not the only person not to know who his father is. Linda

If it is not on his BC, they will see that, I would think you could just put "unknown"...

My Dh was raised by reletives and there is neither a father or mother listed on his BC. We did in fact put unknown on the app. We were told just to make sure and not leave any blanks. if it is unknown then put unknown, if it is unapplicable then then put u/a if there is a blank then we were told they may think you just overlooked the question. We had no problems.

We also put my "natural" hair color with no problems.............lol

Me and My DW just got ours done, Just leave the information blank and take your Birth Certificates in with the fathers name and and they can find out all that information on their computer by your Information I had the same Problem,My so called dad took my sister and brother when I was just a Baby and I never knew anything about him and I dont want to! They can get all that Info at the Passport Office!;) You will be suprised at what they can bring up on your Family History!:eek: Good Luck you wont have any Problems and the Clerks were super friendly and helpful here in Texas!;) also it applies to all States as well for Passports getting Information on your Parents!

My Dh was raised by reletives and there is neither a father or mother listed on his BC. We did in fact put unknown on the app. We were told just to make sure and not leave any blanks. if it is unknown then put unknown, if it is unapplicable then then put u/a if there is a blank then we were told they may think you just overlooked the question. We had no problems.

We also put my "natural" hair color with no problems.............lol

We took ours in with blanks not filled in and they filled them in for us since we didnt know the info, the Passport people stated if we had put anything in there we would have to start over, man go figure! I guess every place is different! "Darned if you do", "And darned if you dont!???"

HI,

Well how did you do on your Passport Form!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mafiadon!

You out there?:D Wondered how you came out! Im still waiting on my passports I put in on the 30th. of June! Would be nice if I got them before the cruise but not necessary! Let me know how you are doing!;) The thummmmbs down is for the passport forms!

I filled out my form at home. When I got to the office and they seen that I had signed it I had to fill out another one and sign it in front of the staff.

That's wierd! Why do they have printable .pdf forms and ones you can fill out on their site and print, if they'll just make you fill it out again? :confused:

That's wierd! Why do they have printable .pdf forms and ones you can fill out on their site and print, if they'll just make you fill it out again? :confused:

They only made them fill it out again because they signed it ahead of time and didn't follow the directions. You have to sign it in front of an official as a witness. You can fill out most of it before you go. I've done it and so has my DH. BUT, that said, READ THE DIRECTIONS!

They only made them fill it out again because they signed it ahead of time and didn't follow the directions. You have to sign it in front of an official as a witness. You can fill out most of it before you go. I've done it and so has my DH. BUT, that said, READ THE DIRECTIONS!

That's how I understood the directions as well....complete but do not sign...

Archived