what kind of music on Mercury

48flyer

Hi, we just got off the Mercury on the 23rd. They have a string quartet that does classical, there was one night that the celebrity band did a tribute to Glen Miller, there was 50s night one night in the Pavillion night club and there was a female singer that we never managed to stop and listen to. Probably more but this is all I can remember. Hope it helps.:rolleyes:

Kay

On that thought, does anyone know what the music is like on the Galaxy? Leaving in two months...just curious. Sounds like a variety, which is good. Love Swing, hoping to hear some.:cool:

what the music is like on the Galaxy?

Unless they tossed the bands overboard... pretty dismal. We did the crossing from Galveston to Rome and the bands were very good in the Rendezvous: Black & White Duo (who some have not liked in past posts) and a good group, Fusion in the Savoy. We danced every night in both locations. In Rome new groups came on board that were much worse. The Rendezvous was horrible but the Europeans at the late seating liked them OK. We stopped going to both locations and headed upstairs for the DJ instead. Bar waiters were sulking because of lost revenues when people stopped coming to drink and dance. The lack of good dancing music in either location caused me to downgrade this cruise experience from past ones. The ports however were fabulous.

The groups in Mercury when I cruised in February were wonderful, better than Galaxy. Every day we made sure we had our favorite seats for our dancing fix.

Unless they tossed the bands overboard... pretty dismal. We did the crossing from Galveston to Rome and the bands were very good in the Rendezvous: Black & White Duo (who some have not liked in past posts) and a good group, Fusion in the Savoy. We danced every night in both locations. In Rome new groups came on board that were much worse. The Rendezvous was horrible but the Europeans at the late seating liked them OK. We stopped going to both locations and headed upstairs for the DJ instead. Bar waiters were sulking because of lost revenues when people stopped coming to drink and dance. The lack of good dancing music in either location caused me to downgrade this cruise experience from past ones. The ports however were fabulous.

The groups in Mercury when I cruised in February were wonderful, better than Galaxy. Every day we made sure we had our favorite seats for our dancing fix.

thanks C2C. Of course it makes me less than enthusiastic. If it was as bad as you say I am hopeful that they did throw them overboard:p . Looks like the Mercury people are much more fortunate than I in the music area.

Just wondering what type of music the bands play in the evening on Mercury. Is it big band jazz or whatever?

Mercury 6/23

The Mercury had the Celebrity Orchestra, a guest piano player/entertainer, a party band that played requests, and a young group called the Elk Island duo a Jazz /blues type group who I thought was very good. Robin the cruise director played acoustic guitar and sang one day. He was very good. I noticed that the bands didn't play songs with bad language and even took out offensive language.

Archived