Why is it purple?

BJane

When I first tried this new board the print was a pale blue. It was not particularly easy on the eyes, but it was readable. Now it is purple and I don't know where to go to change it. Actually my screen looks like Easter Bunny leftovers; purple and yellow. Can anyone help?

It's part of the ongoing experiments to try to get the boards easier to read. The colours actually match many of the colours in the Cruise Critic corporate image, so I don't think they've been picked at random. The purple is definitely an improvement on the previous blue on blue.

How the heck do you change the color of your font?
First, you need to have either the Standard or Enhanced interfaces enabled. Can you see a selection of "smilies" to the right of the text entry box when you type your post? If not, you need to do the following:-
  • Go to your User CP
  • Go to Edit Options
  • Scroll down to the very bottom of the page
  • In the last option, choose either Standard or Enhanced (I personally prefer the Standard, because it gives me more control over what I do and I can see the codes being used)
  • Save Changes

When you reply, don't use quick reply - that's exactly what it says and gives you few options. Click on Post Reply, or click on Quote if you want to quote the poster to whom you're replying. The font etc. are controlled by drop down bars which appear above the text entry box.

The easiest way to work these is to type your reply. Then select (highlight) the text that you want to change into a different font, size or colour. Then use the drop down bars above the text entry box to add the relevant codes. In the Enhanced Interface you should be able to see the change immediately; in the Standard Interface you will see the codes wrapped around the highlighted text.

Globaliser, do you have to go back and re-select the text everytime you want to add something else? For instance, if I want to change the color and then add italics, do I have to go back and do it twice? Let's see if I answered myself.

Archived