How to Work Dining Arrangements

kryos

I booked a cruise at the end of August on the Zuiderdam through my travel agent. As a solo cruiser I asked to be seated at a large table, late dining

A couple of friends just booked the same cruise through *****. Of course, they will share a cabin and I will have mine.

They already arranged for late seating, but we need to get our seating arrangements "hooked up" ... with us being together at a table for four.

How do we go about doing this? Contacting ship's services? Since we are with separate travel agents, can one of them just take care of it?

I'm not an experienced cruiser ... just one cruise before this ... so any help from others more knowledgeable in these matters would really be appreciated.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita: You can easily get your travel agent to contact HAL to "merge" the 2 different bookings into the same dining seating.

All you will need from your friends is their HAL booking number to do this. On the other hand, your friends agent could do the same thing ---:)

all else fails, don't worry --- the maitre'd will be more than happy to do his best to accomodate you as soon as you've boarded and find out your seating.

Have a great cruise!

Dave

I do this each year as well. We sail with friends in Florida who use a different TA as we do. What we do is to get their booking numbers, give them to my TA and they give ours to their TA. The TA's will contact HAL and they will cross reference your booking numbers and dining assignments so you are all at the same dining time and table.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks!

If only I could get through the California Bar Exam at the end of this month, I'll be all ready for a nice relaxing cruise at the end of August!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived