Hmmm...Which cruise to book???

005flyer

Well, got off the Golden on Sunday and made an open booking on the ship. Wife is 3 month preggies and wants to get in one more cruise before she pops so we are looking at going again in September. Now all we have to do is pick the itinerary.

We are looking at the Carib Princess on either Sept 4, 18 or 25 or the Golden Princess on Sept 5 or 19.

Haven't been on the Carib Princess yet, so I would like to see that ship, but we never really cared for the E. Carib itin.

I just wish the Carib Princess was going to do the W. Carib on Sept 25 - no idea whay they didn't decide to alternate that trip.

So - oh great and wise CC'ers - what are your thoughts?

If the Golden's southern itinerary is different from the one you just did I'd pick that. Otherwise it is a toss up. Air is usually cheaper to FLL if that is a factor.

Isn't it terrible to have all of these tough choices to make.

Scott

005flyer, my vote is for the 9/25 Caribbean Princess. We are going on that one and have a great group going! It would be fun to have you join us! You will end up enjoying the itinerary because of all the wonderful new friends you will meet! :p

I am sure whatever you decide to do you will have a great cruise.

Congrats on your wee one!

Fortunately for us, I work for an airline - so airfare is NEVER a problem! :)

The S. Carib itin's are different that the one we just went on, so that would be nice. I think we are going to try and bring my parents along for their first cruise. Hmmmm....

Well if you want to join the "Hurricane Chasers" (See our Roll Call String) on the 9/25, you need to call now. My TA told me yesterday the ship was full. But, I'm sure someone can fit you in. Congratulations on the new baby... I'm sure the salt air of the sea is the best thing for mom and baby.

God bless;

Rick

Well - TA just called with the rates. They were all pretty close, but looks like the winner will be the Sept 19 Golden - very tasty rates for an AE Guar Mini. It's actually $200 less per person than what we paid for last week's cruise.

Yeeeehaw!

Checked the Princess website and it says:

9. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INFORM CARRIER OF DISABILITIES OR PREGNANCY.
You must, at the time You book Your Cruise, inform Carrier in writing of any existing physical or mental illness, disability or any other condition for which You or any other person in Your care may require medical attention or special accommodation during the Cruise or for which the use of a wheelchair or service animal is contemplated or necessary. If any such condition arises after You have booked the Cruise, You must report the condition to Carrier as soon as You become aware of it. Failure to report any such condition will release Carrier, the ship's doctor and all other personnel from any liability related to the accommodation or treatment of such condition or for any other conduct whatsoever in connection therewith. Carrier may refuse to embark You as set forth in Section 4.

Soooo....as long as you tell them, don't see a problem....

Yeah - that is usually the deal - once you are in the last trimester - travel in general is a no-no.

Kind of strange though that the brochure gives a specific "timeframe" while the Contact of Carriage does not.

No biggie - she'll only be in her 22 week.

I'll actually be booking in a few minutes. I did the new "referral" reward thing and signed my parents up. So, we should each get a $25 discount. I'll report back and let y'all know if we have any problems.

Archived