Tipping at Dunn's River Falls

teacherone

My family has booked with Peat Taylor to visit the Falls. We will be walking up the side rather than in the water (too many old knee injuries :( .) Is there a guide that we should tip or is that just someone leading you up the actual falls? I don't want to not tip someone that I should!

Thanks~

My family has booked with Peat Taylor to visit the Falls. We will be walking up the side rather than in the water (too many old knee injuries :( .) Is there a guide that we should tip or is that just someone leading you up the actual falls? I don't want to not tip someone that I should!

Thanks~

I would not think so. I believe you'll be on your own on the path/steps alongside.

How did you book with Peat Taylor? I have an Email address & have emailed two inquiries - but got no answer. We are sailing into Montego Bay & wonder if he does excursions from there to the Falls.

The Email address I have is: *********************.

Yes, you would want to tip your guide. I think we gave him a few dollars for each of us. Our guide said something like "Don't forget to take care of me at the end" or something like that, so it was very clear. He was wonderful, though and took was very careful with us. Have fun!

Yes, you would want to tip your guide. I think we gave him a few dollars for each of us. Our guide said something like "Don't forget to take care of me at the end" or something like that, so it was very clear. He was wonderful, though and took was very careful with us. Have fun!

That would be true if the OP was using a guide - she said that they would be just following the path and steps and NOT climbing the actual falls. So I don't think there would be anyone to tip, just for walking on your own up the steps!

How did you book with Peat Taylor? I have an Email address & have emailed two inquiries - but got no answer. We are sailing into Montego Bay & wonder if he does excursions from there to the Falls.

The Email address I have is: *********************.

I don't think Peat goes to Mo' Bay. I'm surprised he hasn't responded though. Have you tried through his website http://www.peattaylor.com

It is always great to tip for great service. On the islands, always make sure you always bring small bills. This is why: A couple that was ahead of us, went up the Dunn River Falls to have their guide hold their camera. When they were done with the climb, they asked for their camera back. The guide was first waiting for his tip and since the couple only had a $20.00 he took the money and said he didnt give change. So please be careful, the Jamaican's can get pretty pushy once your climb is over...On top of the falls is a bunch of people that sell their goods-BE Careful.

BRING SMALL BILLs to all excursions.....

Archived