Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas

I am thinking about using this company as well. I gave them my 200 deposit already. Leslie seems really great and also answers my emails right away. Have you decided yet? What are your plans for your ceremony and reception?

Hi Rosebud,

I have contacted several people that have used Leslie's services and they have all replied favorably. They said that she and all of her vendors were really great to work with. So, that should give you reassurance...

As for me, I am interested in using her company however, my ship (RCI Serenade of the Seas - March 2007) stops in St. Thomas on a Sunday. So, I am trying to find out if she would be able to get the license on a Sunday. What ship are you getting married on and when?

If she cant get the license on that day, I will try to marry in St. Maarten (the next port) on Monday.

Tanisha

• 6 months later...

I started out with Perfect Weddings and gave a deposit. I ended up switching to Fantasia and losing my deposit, but I would rather feel comfortable. I liked the idea of Megans bay originally, but then I kept hearing how crowded it was and there is no real place for a reception. I guess there is a pavillion which is public or Leslie said we could rent tables and chairs at an extra cost to serve the food. I have 34 people going and do not want them sitting on picnic tables in the pavillion or sitting in the sand with the food in the sun. I tried to switch the location to one of the other places listed on her site, but she kept pushing for Megans, I don't know why. I asked for my deposit back stating plans had changed and it was not returned with six months notice. It did say in the contract non refundable which I got after I gave my credit card on the phone. It would have been nice to get the 200 back but my wedding is worth a lot more than that to me.I felt she did not "get" my vision as silly as that sounds, I wanted informal but classy not cheesy. I felt like once my ideas changed about megans her attitude changed. :mad:

So far I am very happy with Fantasia and all the costs are upfront on her website. Debbie has been very profesional and everything is a la carte style. We are doing Emerald Beach Resort which has a terrace restaurant that the guests can walk right up to after the ceremony on the beach. If you are not having any food and just a ceremony Perfect Weddings costs were low, I will give her that. Just make sure you are getting exactly the type of wedding you want!:rolleyes:

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND Cheryl Toner who is with Virgin Island Weddings. I am SOOOO DISAPPOINTED that Royal Carribean changed my cruise itinerary from having St Thomas as our 1st island to it being the last. I had my entire wedding pretty much set and ready to roll in St Thomas on Megan Bay and now I have to switch it because I do not want to wait until my cruise is practically over to have my wedding held. I am now looking at Barbados as the wedding site. Anyway, since I no longer am being married in St Thomas I had to stop using Cheryl as my coordinator. Let me tell you this, I researched MANY MANY wedding coordinators and purused this board many times to get feedback on individual wedding planners and Cheryl was #1. Then once I spoke to her on the phone I knew why.....her upbeat spirit, knowledge of the wedding process, down to earth personality and true excitement for "my wedding" like it was the ONLY wedding going on in the world that day made me SO AT EASE. She was truly fantastic. Please consider her!!! She will make EVERYTHING happen for you down to the littlest request. Her prices were very reasonable compared to others as well. I JUST had to cancel with her this past Monday so if you contact her tell her Kim from Buffalo, NY recommended her. Even if you get her voice mail say I recommended you to call her (she might get back to you quicker that way too!!!) Let me know what you decide. I wish I was still using her!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!

One more thing, I just found out that the St Thomas courthouse IS open on Sundays from 9:30am-11am. Since the courthouse is about 2 miles away from where you would most likely port at, this will give you time to get there to sign your paperwork. :)

Archived