newbie needs help for Jan'07Glory

vspnj

In the process of booking Glory for Jan'07 when I ran into a snag. You know all those commericials about black out dates for redeeming airmiles, well it's true. Nothing available for Orlando (Port Canaveral):eek: in Jan.

I'm thinking of flying to Tampa, or Ft.Lauderdale for a night then driving to Port Canaveral for the cruise. Is this crazy? And does anyone have any recommendations?:confused:

You might want to check into flying into Jacksonville. It is 2 1/2 hours from the port - but when checking flights for my friends for travel in late Dec/ early Jan - I found that it costs less to fly to JAX. It is an easy drive to PC from here - straight down 95.

Also I noticed that Southwest only has fares published up until Dec 10. You may want to wait to see what they have available. Not sure when you are cruising in Jan but keep in mind all the bowl games and the Super Bowl in Florida next year!

Good Luck!

We are flying into Tampa for our Glory cruise, I got flights for under a $100 roundtrip as compared too over $300 to orlando. Its only a 2 hour and 15 minute trip, we are going the night before and driving to orlando got a one way rental car from budget for $20 and a hotel on Priceline for $40 and you can get a one way from budget back for about $35 and they have shuttles to and from the port and this all comes out cheaper than Carnivals transfers of $25 pp each way. About the only catch I see is the return flight but we have an evening flight so its no problem.

Archived