S.S. Oceanic-Home Lines Where are you?????

• 5 weeks later...
Hello there, funny you mention Rolando. He is my father. He sang for Home Lines from 1968 - 1980. He always talks about what a wonderful time he had singing on the cruises and traveling all over. Every time he talks about his time working on the Oceanic his face lights up!

We sailed on the Doric in 1978 and 1979. Rolando's orchestra was our favorite band. We were in the lounge every night. I do still have their album and can still hear them singing Quando, Quando, Quando, Quando. Oh the memories. I remember being in love with the drummer.

Edited by Margienj

Hello there, funny you mention Rolando. He is my father. He sang for Home Lines from 1968 - 1980. He always talks about what a wonderful time he had singing on the cruises and traveling all over. Every time he talks about his time working on the Oceanic his face lights up!

that there are thousands of ex Oceanic passengers that fondly remember the Oceanic & the crew & bands onboard....

back then the design of the ship, its interiors, dining and crew created a combination that assured all aboard a first class holiday from start to finish. It was so chic, so Italian & so much fun.....Thank your Dad.....from New York City.

• 4 months later...
We sailed on the Doric in 1978 and 1979. Rolando's orchestra was our favorite band. We were in the lounge every night. I do still have their album and can still hear them singing Quando, Quando, Quando, Quando. Oh the memories. I remember being in love with the drummer.

chrissie is that you?

that there are thousands of ex Oceanic passengers that fondly remember the Oceanic & the crew & bands onboard....

back then the design of the ship, its interiors, dining and crew created a combination that assured all aboard a first class holiday from start to finish. It was so chic, so Italian & so much fun.....Thank your Dad.....from New York City.

and thanks from a litttle blonde from conn

and thanks from a little blonde from conn too

chrissie,is that you?

chrissie,is that you?

chrissie is that you?

since finding this site,i have thought so much of the oceanic,wonder what happened to my cabin boy,pasquale,he was so good to me when i was in horrible pain w/ an impacted wisdom tooth,didnt know what at the time,took me to ships dr ,unfortunately he tried to help but to no avail,spent my time in nasssua moaning,extracted when i got home,other 3 cut out following year,what a great ship she was,when bus dropped me off at pier i was in awe of the sie of these ships,to the left was the rodderdam,much bigger,i remember lookinggain at the oceanic thinking,its much prettierclassier ship.i met a group of girls and we had a great time,i do wish i could hear from pasquale,lost his last name an address,would like to thank him again,his last letter was unsettleing,never found out why.my memories are very much still in my heart.....barb

hi there,i believe i met your dadon the ship,how old would he be now?,was he a bearded man in the 70s?

hi there,i believe i met your dad on the ship,how old would he be now?still singing?,was he a bearded man in the 70s?,thanks....barb

chrissie,is that you?

chrissie,is that you?

• 9 months later...
hi there,i believe i met your dadon the ship,how old would he be now?,was he a bearded man in the 70s?

DeeMS83, you stated that Rolando was your father and that he still gets a kick out of folks remembering him on the OCEANIC. My family was on the OCEANIC in 1976 and it was neat because we were the only children on the ship (me and my two sisters)! If he is still with us, then please let us know that we are all grown women now with families of our own and doing well and that we have all told our children of the time we were on the Oceanic and that the bandleader made us feel like we were the little queens of the world! Rolando paid special attention to us, especially when he played the Oceanic song. He made sure that the three of us were up front doing the OCEANIC dance. As I remember it, it was similar to the hand jive of the Grease fame. At any rate, this is my first CC posting, as I just got an account 10 minutes ago. But, what I was wondering is how I can get a CD (or record) of Rolando's band on the OCEANIC. I am especially looking for his "hand jive" version of the OCEANIC song, as well as Ally Cat, Volare, etc. (The Oceanic song started with "Oh, Oh, she-anic ship, tu see bella bella bella.....Oh, Oh she-anic ship, never never I will forget..Goodby, farewell, so long, goodby, so long Arrivederchi...Oceanic goodbye!..") Please let me know if there is a record or CD I can obtain. I got really excited when Ebay had the album up for sale that they gave on the Innagural but upon listening to the autographed copy, it was Murolo's band and they gave less than a minute to the Oceanic song. It was not like the Rolando version. And, for those of you reading, if I have incorrectly posted, and DeeMS83 cannot see this, then can you please pass this along to the poster "DeeMS83" who said she was Rolando's daughter? I am new at this and can use some help. Thanks!!!

Edited by OceanicBaby
Not enough info on my part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Margienj, I am trying to get that record, or a copy. I cannot find it for sale anywhere. Do you know where I could get his Oceanic record?

Hi there! I cruised the Oceanic with my parents starting in '72. Cruised in between but did the farewell trip on the Oceanic., The Maiden Voyage of the new Homeric in '86 and the Farewell cruise before it went over to HAL - my husbands 1st cruise and he was hooked! But that was a sad one.

We always loved the Zieli Band. I do have that record with the Oceanic Song, Volare and others. I'd be happy to see if I can get it transferred to a cd for you. I miss Oceanic so much. Just found out this week that she was finally sent to Breakers in China in 2012! My heart is broken!

• 1 month later...

Wasn't the Oceanic part of the big red boat line, that was the 'beginning' of the Disney cruise line? If so I thought that was now part of the RCCL family in the pulmanter line?

That was my first cruise in 1991 and I was sold then, and went to bigger and newer

But I could be WAY off base

Wasn't the Oceanic part of the big red boat line, that was the 'beginning' of the Disney cruise line? If so I thought that was now part of the RCCL family in the pulmanter line?

That was my first cruise in 1991 and I was sold then, and went to bigger and newer

But I could be WAY off base

The Oceanic became the Star/Ship Oceanic for Premier Cruise Lines. It was with them until they folded around 2000. Then it went to Pullmantur.