Is It Reasonable to fly to Miami and cab to Port Everglades?

We have a cruise out of Port Everglades March 2007. The price to fly from Newark to Fort Lauderdale is ridiculous. I checked the price to fly to Miami instead and it's $200 cheaper per person. Is it worth the aggrivation to do this?

The price of getting from MIA to FLL will be far offset by what youy will save in airfare. Just leave yourself plenty of time to get from place to place. The ride is usually about 45 minutes, barring traffic issues. Renting a car is the cheapest way, but there are cabs and shuttles too.

GMoney, thanks for your comment. We were on the 6-4-06 Freedom cruise also. Maybe we have met! We were on deck 10 aft, late seating & often in the Pharoh's Lounge.

Do you have any suggestions as to where we could stay in Ft Lauderdale?

Also, any idea how expensive a cab would be from Miami to Port Everglades?

We are doing a b2b on the Radiance.

A taxi from Miami to Fort Lauderdale will cost about $75 so it definitely is worth it if you can get the airfare for $200 per person less. As for the aggravation, it's not really that aggravating. If you flew in to Fort Lauderdale you would take a taxi to the pier. The ride would be about 10 minutes. The ride from Miami will be about 45-55 minutes depending on traffic. It's just a question of spending an extra 45 minutes in a taxi.

GMoney, thanks for your comment. We were on the 6-4-06 Freedom cruise also. Maybe we have met! We were on deck 10 aft, late seating & often in the Pharoh's Lounge.

Do you have any suggestions as to where we could stay in Ft Lauderdale?

Also, any idea how expensive a cab would be from Miami to Port Everglades?

We are doing a b2b on the Radiance.

Hi cruzingduo - sorry for not answering your post sooner; the website has been a bit slow! I hope you enjoyed your Freedom sailing. We all had a great time. I was sailing with about 8 other family members. We had early dining, and the only time I was in the Pharaoh's Lounge was in the early evenings when they opened the satellite Diamond Lounge there.

Anyway, my only suggestion for FLL lodging is the Embassy Suites. I'm sure others can help; I just have more experience staying in MIA than FLL. As for the taxi, I totally agree with superjerry's previous post; he always knows what he's talking about.

Enjoy your Radiance B2B!!

rpita4, that's a great idea. I called RCCL and they do offer transfers from Miami airport to Pt Everglades and the reverse following they cruise. $50 each, rountrip. The only flaw is that you need to fly the day of the cruise. I wanted to fly the day before because who knows what the weather will be in March in NJ. If we fly the day of, what will we do if it snows and we can't get out of Newark?

This does save us the cost of a hotel if we fly the same day. But I will be nervous worrying about the weather.

We didn't even check hotel prices yet because we have no idea where to stay. Any suggestions?

Last year we took a b2b on the Jewel from Port Everglades, but we had driven to Florida. Does anyone have a crystal ball that can tell me the weather for March 3rd, 2007? :)

FOS 10-15-06

BOS 1-22-07

Radiance 3-3-07

Radiance 3-11-07

Archived