Miracle Question

TeacherJenn

Hi,

We are going on the Miracle in 3 weeks. Can't wait. I have booked some excursions through Carnival and some on my own. My question is this... is there time in Grand Cayman in the morning to do the stingrays and come back to the ship to change to walk around. I ask this because we are tendering and I am not sure how efficient tendering in. I have the same question about Cozumel. Both places we would like to go get wet, come back change and then go back out.

Thanks!:p

We did the stingrays in the AM and one snorkel stop. After we got back we went to eat at a restaurant by the port and had time for only about 1/2 hour shopping after that. If we had skipped the lunch maybe we would have had time to back to the ship to change but I think we still might have been rushed. Tendering takes up too much precious port time in my opinion.

IMO tendering wastes too much time to go back to the ship. We were on the Miracle 3 weeks ago. We brought dry clothes to change into after the StingRay tour.

The tenders in Cozumel hold 300-400 people and take forever to load. If you're one of the first ones on (as we were), you can easily wait 30 minutes before it is full and takes off.

It depends on how many ships are in port- we had seven! earlier this year. Our plan was to come back from the beach to eat lunch & shop. Traffic was so bad, we just went back to the ship.

Last year, we did the stingray thing and got back with a short amount of time to spare, but little energy for anything else after all the snorkeling.

Just got back from Cayman last week (onthe Miracle)... we did the morning stingray excursion...(supposed to have been from 9am-12 --> but that was on Cayman time in which they were 1hr behind ship time). So what that meant was that nothing was really open when we arrived and then after doing the tour we weren't back until 1:30 ship time - we were told that the last tender leaving for the ship was at 3:30. So we just went to 7 mile beach and swam for about an hour - cause the traffic does get bad! and you have to allow for that...

IMO, you won't have time to go back to the ship to change. Just take some dry clothes along and go in a restroom and change while on the island.

Michelle

Archived