Paradise Beach - Hair braiding question

madge62

I can't wait until we hit PB in January, it sounds perfect! My sister would like to have her daughters' hair braided and I was wondering if anyone has had it done and the "approximate" cost (I know it may vary according to length, etc). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!

The cost at Paradise beach will be around $25. How old is your daughter? Mine is 6 years old and the girls kept putting us off for adults and older children. When I finally got her in there they were really rough with her and made her cry. They were very rude and as I tried to comfort her the informed me that they had other people waiting. Just be careful if she is younger, you might get the treatment that I got. Other than that we loved Paradise Beach!

Guest Time2gocruzn

Also, another thing to consider about these braids. They are VERY hard on caucasion type hair and can cause a great deal of breakage. Sorry, I don't have any info on the price though.

We were at PB 6/5 & our daughter (8) had one of those "wraps" done. Just a single strand-her hair is all one length and just past her chin. It was a tennie tiny strand of hair in the front. The girl braided it in like 6 seconds & then wrapped the bottom with different colored string & beads. It was $20 which I thought was a little high but we were on vacation & you have to consider that everything else there is free. Also, the girl working there was very nice & not rough at all. And my daughter is EXTREMELY sensitive (we have daily fights on school mornings over brushing her hair!). Also, the braid lasted for 3 weeks!

verab.....so sorry your daughter had a bad experience. I guess it's just luck of the draw with who does your hair & what kind of day they're having.

My daughter had the front part of her head done (about 1/2 way back all the way across) and it cost $15. She did say that the lady was not very careful to avoid her sunburned forehead with the comb. She has had it done before and didn't really notice any damage, although you need to take it out after about a week.

verab...sorry to hear about the treatment you received. Our braid girl has been with us since DAY 1, and we have received nothing but compliments. Is it possible you were actually just next door at San Fransisco Beach? The 2 hair braiding booths are very close to each other on the "border" of our beaches. You also refer to more than one person attending you, which is true at SF, but we just have one girl working for us. The rude treatment you describe just does'nt sound like her! The experience that rscima describes sounds a lot more like the norm for us.

Archived