Botanical Gardens

Dancyalien

Can anyone tell me where the botanical gardens are in bermuda?

I am only in kings wharf from 9-5. I wanted to get the bus pass and go to horseshoe bay, will i also have time to go to the botanical gardens?

The botanical gardens are located near Hamilton, adjacent to the King Edward 7th hospital on Point Finger Road. Since it is off South Shore Road, I would suggest you go there first and then catch Horsehoe Bay on the way back. Admission is free, but there is a free 90 minute guided tour offered at 10:30 AM on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from the visitor center. You can take the ferry over to Hamiltion, which will be a nice scenic ride. Then take either the number 1,2,7 or 8 bus and tell the driver to let you off at the Botanical Garden. On the way back, take the number 7 bus along South Shore Road past Elbow Beach to Horseshoe Bay.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

WOW... Thanks for the specific info.... Question if you only had between 9-5 in Kings Wharf, and had never been there before what would you do?

If it were my choice for a one day quick tour. I would still take the ferry over to Hamiltion. The early ferry for you would be either 9:05 (arrive 9:45) or the express at 9:30 (arrive 9:50). You would definitely be at the Botanical Gardens before 10:15. If you want you can substitute browsing along Front Street in Hamilton and then going to Fort Hamilton. Nice old fort. Go to Horseshoe Bay, it has pink sands and coral formations just like in the brochures. Leave by 2 or so then check out the Clocktower Mall in the dockyard. You can watch them make glass items right in front of you. There is also a rum cake factory with free samples of the different flavors. Another alternative is the British Maritime museum about 500 feet from where your cruiseship is docked. Great fort, exhibits and displays. Dolphin Quest, swimming with the dolphins is located inside. You can simply watch from a bench, no need to purcase anything more. Just make a list of what is most important to you and prioratize the list. The bus pass is unlimited use of the buses and ferries. Hope this helps. If you had 2 days then I could add many more things.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

Dancyalien: You didn't say when you'd be going to Bermuda, but if it's coming up soon, I'll offer this advice - skip the Gardens. We went there just last week and most of the flowers were gone or fading. There wasn't much left to see. Still, it was an enjoyable walk through the place, and easy to get to on the bus.

Thanks for all the great info! I am definitly going to have to book a seperate trip to bermuda next year to get in everything I'd like to do.....

When you have just one day in Bermuda, it is hard to pick the best things you want to do in the time you have. The 3 and 1/2 days in the Majesty itinerary give you a good amount of time to explore the Island more thouroughly. I also recommend a good guide book, like Frommer's that would give some good ideas as well.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

Archived