Bummer...jewel Of The Seas Canceling Sept And Oct 2007 In Boston

IT'S OFFICIAL...the JEWEL OF THE SEAS will not be calling on Boston in 2007. A lot of pax had booked for Canadian cruises and the Repo in October. Now a lot of us have to start all over with plans for 2007. BUMMER!!!

IT'S OFFICIAL...the JEWEL OF THE SEAS will not be calling on Boston in 2007. A lot of pax had booked for Canadian cruises and the Repo in October. Now a lot of us have to start all over with plans for 2007. BUMMER!!!

I sympathize with you Ross. The changes will also affect our planned 2007 westbound transatlantic. We had booked it because we love the Jewel, enjoy transatlantics that end in Boston, and because this one included stops in Dublin, Ireland and St. Johns, Newfoundland (the only maritime province I haven't visited). Now it appears they will be leaving Europe later and sailing an entirely different itinerary that ends up in Ft. Lauderdale. Ironically, the 2007 Alaska, NE/Canada brochure, which has your cruise itinerary and the other NE/Canada cruises in it, came out this very week. Less than a week old, and the information is already wrong.:rolleyes:

There is another thread on this...........and yes.......have you been Notified? Just curious........we have October 6th booked.......

There is another thread on this...........and yes.......have you been Notified? Just curious........we have October 6th booked.......

No I haven't and I called my TA who called RCI and Royal Caribbean just told her the cruise was still on that they were "inventorying"

I did look at Royal Caribbean's site. It shows for Sept. 10, a 14 night cruise and it still goes to La Harve, Cork and Dublin but it also goes to ports in Norway, Denmark, Germany and Beliguim.

Hey If they would let us have it for just the differance in port charges I would love to go still that cruise -but I guess that is too much to hope for.

anyway I am not cancelling-they will have to cancel us. I understand if they cancel you-they give you credit on a future cruise. I am willing to wait.

I am booked on the Oct 30, 2007 sailing with my mom and sister. This would have been the third year in a row on this sailing. I called RCCL when I tried to log into my account and found it missing. RCCL said that the Jewel site was being worked on, but she had no information about the cruises not departing from Boston.

How did someone get the "official" news that these are cancelled? RCCL did not tell me that.

I have a call into my TA. Hopefully she can shead some light on this.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pam

I am booked on the Oct 30, 2007 sailing with my mom and sister. This would have been the third year in a row on this sailing. I called RCCL when I tried to log into my account and found it missing. RCCL said that the Jewel site was being worked on, but she had no information about the cruises not departing from Boston.

How did someone get the "official" news that these are cancelled? RCCL did not tell me that.

I have a call into my TA. Hopefully she can shead some light on this.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pam

Just go to the Royal Caribbean site and put in the Jewel of the Seas for the dates for Sept-Oct. 2007-you will see they have been changed.

No I haven't and I called my TA who called RCI and Royal Caribbean just told her the cruise was still on that they were "inventorying"

I did look at Royal Caribbean's site. It shows for Sept. 10, a 14 night cruise and it still goes to La Harve, Cork and Dublin but it also goes to ports in Norway, Denmark, Germany and Beliguim.

Hey If they would let us have it for just the differance in port charges I would love to go still that cruise -but I guess that is too much to hope for.

anyway I am not cancelling-they will have to cancel us. I understand if they cancel you-they give you credit on a future cruise. I am willing to wait.

I'd be willing to do the new itinerary rather than the transatlantic but I don't want to pay a dime more than the price I already booked for.

The RCCL web site has Oct 25 Bos to Bos for 5 nights returning to Boston on October 30.

Then the site says October 30, leaves South Hampton. How can it be in two places at once?

I know it is crazy-the two repo cruises are changed but all the cruises in between for Canada/New England are still there.

I'd be willing to do the new itinerary rather than the transatlantic but I don't want to pay a dime more than the price I already booked for.

I would imagine though all those port taxes would be more-10 ports instead of 6 ports plus the cruise is 14 days and not 12 days. so they may would cut us a 'deal" but I doubt it would be that good.

Look at the June 18,2007 cruise-it is only 12 days but it was running a $1000 per person more then the original repo.. We debated about booking that one but decided we would rather do the repo and get a balcony. If we had booked the June one we would have settled for an inside.

I also liked the idea of doing a transatlantic and the ports in Canada.

One person said the Celebrity Cosntellation cruise has changed too. I need to go look at that. We did not want to do that repo because it had no ports just the crossing and ending in NJ instead of MA.

but the 2006 Connie repo was almost the same ports as the Jewel 2006 repo. If they would give us the same ports for 2007 repo on the Connie and the Jewel's prices I would jump at that.

None of us have been "officially" contacted but it is pretty certain that the changes will be made. What, if anything, they will offer those of us who booked so far in advance is questionable. Technically, I suppose they don't have to do anything except refund our deposits, but PR wise they may decide to make some sort of gesture to ease our disappointment, possibly along the lines of an onboard credit on another cruise. That is what happened to friends of ours, when their NE/Canada cruise this fall was replaced by a Vacation Outlet charter to Bermuda on Jewel of the Seas. Stay tuned for further developments.:)

Have either of you been contacted? How can it be offical? If we haven't been contacted and heck they have $900 of our money-(in my case anyway as it was hubby and me going) shouldn't we be contacted?

We're booked on JOS for the Sept 2007 transatlantic and we put down $900, too. This was my dream cruise because of the two stops in Ireland and sailing back home to Boston.

Regarding the Jewel September 10, 2007 repo: My reservation appears and disappears from one hour to the next on the "my cruises" page. At the moment it's missing. I wasn't blessed with patience but at this point I have no choice. I have no intention of canceling so they are going to have to void my reservation. I'll be at the pier in Harwich on September 10, 2007 regardless of where the ship is sailing.

THANKS BILL!!!

We will all be contacted. It will take another week to sort this mess out but I am already feeling the pain. Stand by for more news.

ROSS

Hi Ross,

Recognized your cc name. How the heck ru? We did the Jewel Boston-Ft. Laud last year with Weary, Helen & Ken, Chelle & Ron, Sal and I. Was fun but not like our first cruise with ALL THE GANG. I wonder why your sailing is cancelled? Does it have anything to do with the tunnel problems in Boston?

Have any other cruises planned this year?

We're doing our first Voyager class cruise on a B2B on the Navigator this Sept. Can't wait.

Take care Ross, Suzanne

We're booked on JOS for the Sept 2007 transatlantic and we put down $900, too. This was my dream cruise because of the two stops in Ireland and sailing back home to Boston.

My dream cruise too for the same reasons! this was for celebration of our 25th aniversary also-we don't do these type cruises usually-that is alot of money for us-if youlook at my siganature-we have mostly done just the caribean as tha tis convenint for us-we lived in Ga-although we have been to Alaska once and Bermuda once.

I can't see them letting us have the western Europe now scheduled for Sept. 10,2007 for the same price -RCI would lose too much money- but if they would give us a future credit on another cruise- I would be more then happy.

We will probally just do a land tour and then use the credit for another RCI cruise-I have been wanting to do the JOS-I guess we will just do one in the caribbean on her some time.

One company called Vacation Outlet who sends me e-mails-they got my e-mail from cruisecirtic- they send me stuff on cruises and land tours and they showed me a great land tour one for Ireland in Oct. 2007 that ran about a $1000 per person for 7 days. Ofcourse that did not include all your meals. Still, not a bad price.

I may look into that-but I am waitng until RCI contacts me-before I do anything.

TRUST ME...The JOS will be staying in Europe from Spring 2007 thru Oct. 30th. 2007. The new transatlantic schedule is Southampton to Spain, Portugal, Azores and into FLL...12 nights. JOS will not call at Boston in 2007. The higher powers at RCI have already made the decision.

HEY PHEONIX!!! BUMMER...WE HAD THE ROYAL SUITE FOR THE REPO!!!...right back atcha pal.

HI SUZANNE...GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!! I think you will like the EXPLORER but I really liked the FREEDOM OF THE SEAS. Bill H and I were able to grab a short cruise on her and WOW!!! Really nice...sort of spoiled me for the other Explorer Class vessels. Say HI to Sal!!!

HI PARROTHEAD!!!

I wonder why your sailing is cancelled? Does it have anything to do with the tunnel problems in Boston?

Suzanne

No, Suzanne, this is one thing that can't be blamed on the Big Dig.:D

More likely it was solely a business decision. I have heard that RCI will be making some engine modifications to Jewel while it is in Europe and they decided that it makes better business sense to offer a few more European cruises before repositioning to the US via a southern route. If they hadn't opened the books so early, we wouldn't have been placed in this situation, and the only thing that remains is to see if they will make some sort of gesture towards those of us who booked so early. Of course, if they hadn't opened the books so early, we'd all be on here complaining that we wanted to know when we would have information about next year's westbound trans-atlantic.;)

Ironically though, all these changes are taking place the very week that they began distributing their 2007 brochures for Alaska and NE/Canada, which, of course, have information on cruise itineraries that are now being eliminated.:rolleyes:

We currently have a cabin on hold on the 12 night Explorer from Cape Liberty for 2 Dec 07 - actually is cheaper than the JOS repo. Once we make the official change, TA is going to see if RCCL will give us a shipboard credit - can only hope?

Jill in NH

Archived